1959 Giulietta Spider takes top honors at Alfa Romeo convention Hemmings Daily

14 Июн 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 1959 Giulietta Spider takes top honors at Alfa Romeo convention Hemmings Daily отключены

1959 Giulietta Spider top honors at Alfa Romeo

In 1965, Glen Drew of Maryland, received a 1959 Alfa Giulietta Spider as a gift his grandfather. He drove it for five and then parked it, intending to it soon.

But other priorities especially those that with raising a family. coming to the realization that he not be able to do the restoration himself, recently turned the work to Al Prueitt and Sons. a restoration in Glen Rock, Pennsylvania. He got the car back just in time for Canadese. this year s convention of the American and Canadian Romeo clubs held June 17-24 in Toronto.

If you think that Glen his Giulietta in bubble wrap rolling it into an enclosed for the 500-mile trip north, think drove his car to visit in-laws in Then he joined the Maple Mille, a 1,000-kilometer loop eastern and northern Ontario up to the convention.

By the time he got back to Maryland, he had miles on his previously zeroed-out He also had three awards from the Concorso d judges: Best 750/101 car, the Ed Mackey Memorial Award for and Best in Show.

Earning top in class and the entire show is let alone after a four-day said Richard Diver, the chair. Needless to say, a rounded win for the owner who clearly driving his 53-year-old car and keeps it in condition.

Of all the awards, Glen said he s touched by the Ed Mackey Award, in memory of a former Alfa Club of America president and only to Giuliettas that been driven from and have been entered for in the Concorso. I was surprised to get the Best in because there was a beautiful SZ Coda Tronca in the same and I m overwhelmed by the Best in Show, he

I certainly knew it was well Glen said. My goal was to get it to the way it was when I got it from the original not the way it was when it left the factory. explains the driving lamps mirrors, as well as a couple of modifications you can t see in the photo, its electric fan and electric fuel pump.

Though Glen has been a of AROC for 27 years, the Giulietta is the Alfa Romeo he s ever We call it The Alfa that s its name, he said.

Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Electric Cars
Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Electric Cars

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Alfa Romeo":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy