2012 BMW i3 Concept Coupe press release

9 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 BMW i3 Concept Coupe press release отключены
BMW i3 � Electric Car 127kW Auto

November 29, 2012. The world of the BMW i3 Concept Coupe sees the BMW unveil a particularly nimble and version of its concept for sustainable motoring with zero emissions. The study presented at the Los Angeles Auto Show has brought out in parallel to the ongoing process for getting the first all-electric model from the BMW i ready for series production, and the potential for conceivably extending the range.

The state-of-the-art, clean-cut and design showcased by the BMW i3 Concept represents a pioneering form of mobility that makes awareness an intrinsic part of the profile. Beyond this, the model employs the design that has been created for the BMW i cars to convey an undeniable of dynamism and driving pleasure.

The body’s visual impact is shaped by the gracefully flowing roof line and the fresh of the BMW i “stream flow” design can be seen in the side window and gives an instant impression of transparency and streamlined aerodynamic On the inside, the sense of spaciousness of the BMW i brand is combined with an lounge-style ambience in the two individual seats. The BMW i3 Concept Coupe assumes the title of the world’s fully networked electric

Thanks to the inclusion of innovative BMW functions that have devised by BMW i for use in production vehicles, of the navigation system as well as the transfer between the vehicle, the world and the driver’s smartphone has geared towards the specific of e-mobility.

The BMW i3 Concept Coupe focuses the spotlight on the dynamic that can be achieved with the electric version of the BMW eDrive Like the BMW i3 Concept, the Coupe is propelled by an electric motor by the BMW Group, which develops a output of 125 kW/170 hp and peak of 250 Newton metres (184 and channels its instantaneous power to the rear wheels via a single-speed The electric motor draws its from the lithium-ion storage under the floor.

Positioning the units here has the effect of the centre of gravity considerably, further adds to the vehicle’s agile handling.

The LifeDrive for the BMW i vehicle architecture is instrumental in a brand new vehicle character to be so harmoniously with BMW eDrive, a that is already nearing standard. The horizontally split consisting of two self-contained elements focuses on the technical requirements of the drive train, and helps to a design concept, sense of and driving experience that are to BMW i cars.

The passenger cell the core of the Life module, is built from carbon plastic (CFRP). BMW i is scaling new for automotive engineering by making extensive use of this high-tech Because it is extremely light yet strong too, CFRP up tremendous scope for design and has all the right credentials for translating the and unmistakable BMW i design idiom a wide array of variants.

On the BMW i3 Coupй, the drive system, and energy storage unit, with the structural and crash are once again incorporated the Drive module that is chiefly of aluminium.

Measuring millimetres in length, 1,768 and 1,555 high, the BMW i3 Concept can be noted for its highly individual When compared directly to the BMW i3 the new study has a broader, lower-slung that serves to highlight its nature at first glance. The on the other hand, is unchanged that of the standard BMW i3 at 2,570

Body design: LifeDrive sporting new look and colour

Transferring the design idiom specifically for BMW i cars to a coupe has resulted in a body whose smacks of fun at the wheel while plainly signalling sustainable The BMW i3 Concept Coupe’s looks let the values of efficiency, lightness, and premium quality clearly through, along with the distinctly dynamic bias. The surfaces and colour scheme are in such a way as to visualise the basic defined by the LifeDrive architecture. The of overlapping levels known as serves to symbolise the harmonious between the striking construction and elements of the Life and Drive as well as providing the basis for a in the vehicle design that the concept’s sustainability.

For instance, the of the carbon-fibre material employed in the module can be clearly seen in the area and the roof pillars the door is opened. It is here, as the CFRP laminate typically for load-bearing elements comes view, that the material’s becomes particularly apparent.

The panels around the wheel doors and rear sidewalls are in Solar Orange metallic, a shade bursting with that was created especially for the BMW i3 Coupe. It forms an electrifying with the high-gloss black on the bonnet, roof and boot as well as with the body’s lower edge.

The front includes black embedded designed to create an air curtain that carefully directs the in the vicinity of the wheel arches. The apron’s lower section a diffuser component to optimise conditions towards the rear of the underside. The licence plate features a narrow border in Orange, while the U-shaped light clusters are integrated the rear window, just as are on the BMW i3 Concept.

Contrasting touches of Grey matt for the BMW kidney and the sill lines along the are specific to this model and add to its appearance. The brand emblems in Blue at the front and rear and on the hubs are characteristic BMW i features.

coupe lines spell driving pleasure.

A steeply windscreen that extends a way forward and a roof line descends gently into the tail are the defining features of the BMW i3 Coupe silhouette. The long with frameless windows have a typical coupe to them. The specific way in which a passenger cell is constructed there is no need for a B-pillar.

Not does this facilitate to the rear seats, it gives impact to the dynamic flow of visible in the window styling.

The BMW i3 Coupe includes a fresh of the brand’s hallmark “stream design for the side window between the doors and the C-pillars. As a of the enclosed body concept the doors and the rear sidewalls, the between the body’s basic and the window area is clearly by the shoulder line. The latest of the window outline tapers towards the rear, once putting clear emphasis on the excellent aerodynamic properties.

The upper and lower edges are particularly far apart on the BMW i3 Concept producing an enlarged window at the rear. This means in contrast to conventional coupes, in the rear compartment are able to a remarkable sense of spaciousness and far more involved in the driving

The highly distinctive and dynamic of the BMW i3 Concept Coupe in profile is by the gently rising swage on a level with the door as well as a striking character that produces an intriguing between light and shade above the side sills. The mirrors also sport a that’s specific to this with black mirror and caps in Solar Orange that pick up on the body’s colour scheme. 20-inch wheels in double-spoke design intensify the car’s sporting

As is customary for BMW i models, they are with comparatively narrow, rolling-resistance tyres measuring R20 at the front and 175/55 R20 at the rear.

All in the even more purist of the design idiom compared to the BMW i3 coupled with the more focus of the exterior’s styling, the car’s enhanced aerodynamic The BMW i3 Concept Coupe therefore the future of urban mobility, at the time as instilling it with a sense of sportiness and emotional

Interior: inviting, spacious, and inspiring.

Individual styling and selection ensure that the trademark principles of sustainability, and transparency are applied to genuine in the interior design of BMW i models, The interior of the BMW i3 Concept Coupe how the cockpit design has evolved as it is for series production, while at the time creating an individual that fits in with the of a sporty three-door car. The structure employed for the exterior again underpins the arrangement of the elements and controls, while a of leather, wood, wool and renewable raw materials ensures the car’s premium characteristics, the new aspect of sustainability, can be both seen and felt.

The freestanding column’s two-part design its light and graceful feel is accentuated by the colour scheme. All elements are finished in a light colour, whereas the steering outer grip areas and all are coloured black. Besides the that acts as the instrument and the control stalks for the direction and windscreen wipers, the steering is also home to the electronic lever and the Start-Stop button.

the steering column and behind the cluster, there is a horizontally wooden panel that the full width of the interior in a sweep. Sourced from sustainably managed European and treated using natural the light eucalyptus wood a real touch of class, and is all the more noticeable by the contrast the black, three dimensionally controls. The control panels on side of the steering column are by brushed aluminium accent

The sweeping design of the eucalyptus panel is echoed by the contour of the in the doors, meaning that the and front passenger are encircled by a of harmoniously styled surfaces.

At the centre, the bottom of the dashboard in a flat control panel is angled slightly towards the and is used to operate the climate and audio functions as well as the favourite buttons for the iDrive The iDrive Controller and direct control buttons are located on the console between the driver and passenger on a level with the cushions. The BMW i3 Concept Coupe has kept the area between the and seat cushions completely across the cockpit’s entire

Its particular drive concept, dispenses with the need for the tunnel normally found on vehicles, resulting in a completely space connecting the left and footwells. Not only does create an impression of roominess, it can be of benefit, too, as it allows the to easily swap to the front seat and get out on that side – a boon, for example, when city-centre parking spots so that the driver’s door be opened.

Sustainability blended sophistication: surfaces made renewable resources and naturally materials.

The manually adjustable with integrated head that were specially for the BMW i3 Concept Coupe are upholstered in a of warm-toned textured wool and a cool-looking monofilament material. The sporty colour scheme’s grey tones also the sustainable character of the natural The door support panels from anthracite-coloured kenaf are perfectly in keeping with and also blend harmoniously the doors’ leather trim

The leather adorning the interior of the BMW i3 Coupe is treated using products exclusively, with an from the leaves of the olive serving as the tanning agent.

are two individual seats in the rear of the BMW i3 Coupe where passengers are to savour a whole new form of comfort in a lounge-style ambience. The backrests both curve prominently to form a seamless with the rear panelling. the seating position engenders a of security, the windows – which are large for the rear of a coupe – passengers there feel part of the driving experience.

tilting the front seat forwards, getting in and out of the rear is by leather-trimmed grab handles double as belt feeders for the and front passenger.

Display and concept featuring the very display technology.

The BMW i3 Concept comes with two top-class which provide the interfaces for the of information between vehicle and and for operating the infotainment and communications Information that can help to driving a more comfortable, and safe experience is flashed up in the The navigation system, meanwhile, is with the outside world via BMW i

Information is visualised in the form of high-resolution graphics depicted in the style typical of the BMW i brand. The of the instrument cluster is assumed by a 6.5 (16.5 centimetre) screen on the steering column, where all information appears in digital The second display in the centre of the is positioned at exactly the same for perfect legibility. With a diagonal of 8.8 inches (22.4 it enables detailed graphics to be just like the central display in BMW production cars.

screen is used, for instance, to the functions of the navigation system the BMW i ConnectedDrive services. The information by the functions familiar from BMW is likewise shown here. central information display serves to keep the driver and passenger fully informed of the status and the drive system’s mode.

The two displays have been to interact in such a way that the shown is distributed between the two as the situation dictates. In the case of the BMW i3 Coupe, their interaction is illustrated by a typical urban scenario. When the car is started, the cluster springs to life It signals that the vehicle is to start with a welcome whose animation spreads to the information display. In the meantime, the has already connected to the drive’s and is showing current calendar

Shortly afterwards the driver a text message with the venue for his meeting. The address are automatically used to generate a destination, which then on the central information display. The learns that his destination is the vehicle’s range and he is advised to the car there. Shortly before at the destination, various charging in the vicinity are displayed and the driver is the option of booking one of them.

He and books the nearest one. the journey the driver can also out about the restaurant he is heading for as as listening to personal playlists. On the driver hooks the vehicle up to the station.

The illustration of the different is rounded off by an animated charging that appears on both when recharging the battery.

ECO PRO and ECO PRO+: three driving for the ideal mix of driving pleasure and

The range covered by vehicles an all-electric drive is very dependent on driving style, as fuel consumption is in conventionally cars. The BMW i3 Concept Coupe the driver to optimise efficiency by an appropriate vehicle set-up. The Experience Control switch on the console can be used to select the driving modes, COMFORT, ECO PRO and ECO The sportiness and comfort of the BMW i3 Concept can be best experienced in the standard setting.

ECO PRO mode places the more on economical energy for an increased range and even performance. The accelerator mapping is for example, so that the same travel delivers less At the same time, the heating and air are switched into a more operating mode.

Changing COMFORT to ECO PRO mode can extend the range by as much as 20 per cent.

can be boosted yet further in ECO PRO+ which is designed to do everything to maximise driving range. So, not is the accelerator mapping modified, speed is also limited to 90 (56 mph). Comfort functions as the heating and air conditioning are furthermore run at the level required to prevent the from misting up, for instance. consumers like the seat mirror heating and non-essential of the daytime running lights are switched off completely.

As a result of all more miles can be added to the range.

Total networking to BMW i ConnectedDrive with specific

The BMW eDrive system fitted in the BMW i3 Coupe is designed to allow the to cover a distance of around 160 (100 miles) on a full charge before it has to be plugged a charging station again. range comfortably allows it to be for more than just mobility.

Thanks to the BMW i ConnectedDrive services were purpose-developed for electric applications powered by BMW eDrive the driver receives realistic of his vehicle’s current range, can be viewed even before off. The BMW i3 Concept Coupe assumes the title of the world’s fully networked electric

Precise, reliable, realistic: range display in the navigation with BMW i ConnectedDrive services.

The BMW i3 Coupe is equipped with a system featuring BMW i ConnectedDrive Both the navigation system and the BMW i services have been tailored to the specific demands of mobility. Apart from the guidance function, the system offers drivers assistance their mobility requirements extends beyond just the planning.

One of the key elements of the networked unit is a dynamic range which delivers precise, readings by factoring in all relevant

The battery’s charge status, style, activity of electric functions and the selected driving are all taken into account for the along with the route’s and current traffic levels. The is therefore able to make for the extra energy used up for an upcoming climb and stop/start or traffic jams, and lowers its calculation accordingly. Up-to-the-minute and real-time traffic data is added to the equation. The information is and evaluated centrally by the BMW ConnectedDrive that stays in permanent with the vehicle thanks to its SIM card.

The SIM card’s fixed ensures an optimum connection at all throughout the vehicle’s life.

The range display is visualised on the central information display not as a figure but also as a peripheral within the navigation map. the vehicle’s current location as a point, all points that can be with the available energy are joined up to form a peripheral Since the driver is able to influence the vehicle’s energy and therefore its range by switching the mode, the graphical representation of the calculation is always made in two variants, allowing the driver to the relevant current range of whether the COMFORT, ECO PRO or ECO PRO+ is selected.

When route is activated, the driver is given a and true-to-reality indication of whether the is within range and how much he has to spare. The most efficient is also shown as an alternative to the If necessary, the Range Assistant even recommend changing to ECO PRO or ECO mode in order to increase the

This function clearly the interaction between the tailored guidance for electric vehicles BMW i ConnectedDrive and the special energy from Efficient Dynamics.

If the driver is able to call up a station near to his destination and it with another push of a The system additionally notifies him of the time required before the return journey or the onward to the next destination. The wealth of offered by the navigation system BMW i ConnectedDrive services makes it to plan out journeys using power alone with precision, reliability and convenience.

Intelligent networking simplifies planning: a smartphone app with function developed by BMW ConnectedDrive for BMW i.

The planning information provided is available on the customer’s smartphone as as in the vehicle courtesy of a smartphone app for the iOS and operating systems which was developed for BMW i. The app is a further development of the functions from BMW ConnectedDrive and the driver constant access to the data and relevant route information. Thanks to this networking, customers are able to the vehicle’s status or plan out journeys in the BMW i3 Concept Coupe the comfort of their office or over breakfast.

If the vehicle is into a public charging or the BMW i wallbox, the charging procedure can be both remotely and via a timer The range display shown in the BMW i system can also be viewed on the in exactly the same format as in the The BMW i app can additionally be used to search for and either a navigation destination or a charging station and then it to the vehicle’s system.

Available stations are indicated in both the unit and the BMW i app, which show whether the stations are free.

When the customer the vehicle at the journey’s end, he can use the pedestrian navigation function into the BMW i app to guide him to his final For this, the navigation destination by the driver in the vehicle is automatically to the BMW i app via the BMW ConnectedDrive server.

The route function that was specially for BMW i and the specific requirements of urban also includes local transport networks, allowing the transport connections to be taken account if required. This the driver the option of selecting an route in his BMW i car, whereupon he is directed to a public car park by the system. After leaving his he now uses the BMW i app to guide him first to the bus or tram stop and then on to his while completing the final leg of the on foot.

In addition to this, BMW i offers pioneering mobility that can be incorporated into the mobility planning. These the premium car-sharing service which has been available in since 2011 and, September 2012, in San Francisco as It was here that the ParkNow was also introduced as a world enabling parking spaces to be via a smartphone app.

ParkNow and services are provided to the customer via BMW and made available to use in the navigation

source. BMW Press

Interesting

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy