2012 BMW i3 Concept Electric Vehicle Carmexxline The …

29 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 BMW i3 Concept Electric Vehicle Carmexxline The … отключены
BMW i3 � Electric Car 127kW Auto

2012 BMW i3 Concept Electric Vehicle

Comments 0

The 2012 BMW i3 Concept has been unveiled debut at Frankfurt, and this pure-electric is near production. The i3 Concept is an uncompromisingly sustainable vehicle designed for urban areas. Unique construction and an entire focus as a pure electrical vehicle instead of being electrical variation of some gasoline-powered model create the BMW i3 distinct in an automotive landscape that’s commencing to accept electric cars as commonplace. Each the BMW i3 Concept and therefore the BMW i8 Concept are designed round the innovative LifeDrive design.

However, the geometric implementation of the BMW i concept differs within the two models . having been tailored to suit their completely different usages.

The i3 might have the best degree of autonomous driving we ve nevertheless seen though nobody gift at the event really drove the cars. Central to its style is that the innovative LifeDrive design, the key to the BMW i3 Concept s charm as a lightweight, safe and spacious automotive. Innovative use of materials and intelligent light-weight style not solely enable the i3 Concept to travel long distances on one charge and supply excellent safety within the event of a collision, they additionally assist in giving the automotive its glorious driving dynamics. The secure arrangement of the battery within the Drive module provides the vehicle a really low centre of gravity and optimum weight distribution .

This LifeCell, as BMW calls it, is super robust and lightweight. Though the i3 concept encompasses a polycarbonate roof, the prototype components shown last July had a roof manufactured from CFRP. Body panels of thermoplastic are persevered the structure to finish the body and provides the i3 a singular look.

The BMW i3 relies on an aluminum substructure that appears sort of a skateboard, with a liquid-cooled roughly 22-kWh lithium-ion battery pack filling out most of the middle section. Its motor is mounted slightly prior to the rear axle’s freelance suspension, which means the i3 could be a mid-motor style. The BMW i3 Concept accelerates from 0 to 60km/h (37 mph) from rest to a 100km/h (62 mph).

The secure arrangement of the battery within the Drive module provides the vehicle a really low centre of gravity and optimum weight distribution. the electrical motor over the rear axle that generates output of a 125kW/170 hp and spectacular torque of 250 Nm (184 lb-ft) from a standstill and a little turning circle mix to deliver pleasingly crisp driving characteristics and provides the driving force a really immediate expertise’s of the BMW i3 Concept s light-weight style.

This new vehicle design i3 Concept meets the total vary of technical needs of an electrical drive system (including an oversized battery), whereas keeping weight low, maximizing vary, making generous levels of area, enabling supreme driving characteristics, and making certain spectacular safety for the battery and passengers a like. Innovative use of materials and intelligent light-weight style not solely enable the i3 Concept to travel long distances on one charge and supply excellent safety within the event of a collision, they additionally assist in giving the automotive its glorious driving dynamics. Equally spectacular because the vehicle architectures edges in terms of weight and handling is its performance in crash tests.

Here again, the mixture of the aluminium in the Drive module and the Life module s CFRP passenger cell demonstrates just how well lightweight style and safety of BMW i3 concept will go together.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy