2012 BMW i8 Spyder Concept Pic emerged

23 Фев 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 BMW i8 Spyder Concept Pic emerged отключены
BMW i8 Concept Spyder

2012 BMW i8 Spyder Concept Pic emerged

BMW has disclosed its 3rd concept for its new BMW i sub-brand, the i8 Spyder Concept . which will be released at 2012 New York Auto Show and plan to make its debut at the 2012 China Show in Beijing, late in April. The i8 Spyder concept is one and only, open top version of the i8 Concept that provides some … convertible looks. The Spyder version comes as a surprise with i8 prototypes and out in complete force for testing purpose in public, recently. The leaked images of the BMW i8 concept have been revealed by Autoforum.

The photos you can observe are not the work of any graphics renderer with a Photoshop and a stable mouse hand, instead they are ‘actual’ pics set by BMW for a car they have already built.

The most striking features of the BMW i8 Spyder Concept includes the windowless doors, upward-swiveling, and an array of purpose-oriented on-board equipment plus electric kickboards stowed beneath a transparent tailgate. The concept is a plug-in hybrid powered by an eDrive drivetrain merging a high-performance electric motor and petrol combustion engine. The sports car is based on the modern LifeDrive architecture and features a turbocharged 1.5-liter three-cylinder petrol engine, which works with an electric motor to provide a joint output of 353 PS (260 kW / 349 hp) and 550 Nm (406 Nm) of torque.

The lithium-ion battery delivering the motor with power can be recharged in a tremendously short space of time from any household power socket. The concept can travel up to 19 miles on electric power alone with its fully charged battery. When coming to interiors, the cabin is equipped with the new features like infotainment functions, a pair of big displays, and a third screen is used for climate controls.

The car assures outstanding efficiency, supreme dynamic capability, and unrestrained driving pleasure.

BMW i8 Concept Spyder specifications:

No. of seats: 2

Wheelbase: 2650 mm

Length/Height/Width: L 4480 mm, H 1208 mm, W 1922 mm

eDrive

Kerb weight: 1630 kg

Output electric motor: 96 kW

Electric range: approx. 27-30 km (17 19 miles)

Battery charge time: standard: 1.45 h for 100% charge approx.

Luggage compartment: 100 litres

Top speed: 250 km/h (155 mph) electr. governed

Acceleration: 0-100 km/h (62 mph) 5 s 80-120 km/h (50-75 mph) 4.0 s

System output TwinPower Turbo engine: 260 kW / 550 Nm 164 kW / 300 Nm

Fuel consumption (EU cycle): 3 l/100km / 94 mpg imp

BMW i8 Concept Spyder video from youtube:

BMW i8 Concept Spyder
BMW i8 Concept Spyder

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy