2013 BMW i3 Review BMW Unveils New Electric & City Car& …

2 Мар 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2013 BMW i3 Review BMW Unveils New Electric & City Car& … отключены

2013 BMW i3 Review: BMW Unveils New Electric City Car

Concern over the cost of motoring and the environmental damage that use of petrol is doing has seen the popularity of smaller cars, especially city cars, grow apace.

Similarly, electric cars are also becoming more popular, too, because of their environmental and cost-effective qualities, and the new model from BMW aims to provide prospective car buyers with another choice.

The BMW i3 is the latest electric city car that is due to enter an increasingly crowded marketplace. Designed to compete with other models such as the Nissan Leaf and Toyota Prius. it’s due for release in showrooms worldwide this November, and is expected to be the first of the German manufacturer’s new range of eco-friendly ‘i’ cars.

BMW i3 Performance

In terms of equipment and performance, what can drivers expect if they decide to buy the i3?

The asking price in showrooms is expected to be a hefty £30,000 which is largely down to the technology the car uses. It uses ‘LifeDrive’ architecture – an aluminium ‘drive module at the bottom and bodywork made with carbon fibre and plastic known as the ‘life module’.

The technology used for the i3 is amongst the most sophisticated in car manufacturing. The extensive use of carbon fibre-reinforced plastic will make the vehicle lighter, which helps to make it more efficient when being driven.

The engine used is a compact motor, and in just an hour, the battery can be charged at 80% when plugged into the mains supply. The i3’s maximum power is 170bhp, can reach 62mph in 7.9 seconds and has a top speed of 93mph, with a range of 90 miles between charging sessions.

Worth the Price?

A look at the stats for the BMW i3 suggests that it will be a better performer than many similar electric cars. However, is it really worth the reported £30K?

That is the question at hand I think if you have the cash, why not? I mean, you are still pushing a beamer, right?

Other models like the Nissan Leaf are slightly cheaper, plus the price tag means that any savings made in fuel costs would pale in comparison to the amount spent on buying the car in the first place.

Going the used car route like vcars to find cheaper used cars  — may be a better option right now, especially when looking for fuel-efficient city cars. Despite that, the i3 does look impressive from the pictures that BMW have released.

Also, it could help to raise the bar in terms of the quality of electric city cars, and may be available for less than the estimated price a few months after its release.

BMW 5er Electric Cars

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy