2014 BMW i3 Electric City Car Release Date Review Price Specs NSTAutomotive

8 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 BMW i3 Electric City Car Release Date Review Price Specs NSTAutomotive отключены
August Electric Vehicle

2014 BMW i3 Electric City Car Release Date, Review, Price, Specs

LOS ANGELES-BMW North America CEO Ludwig Willisch, leaked the price range will be offered for the BMW i3 electric car variants. He mentioned, BMW i3 will be priced at $ 40 thousand. This figure is almost equal price of a 3-series sedan.

The official price of compact electric car, five-door will be announced in mid-year launch. However, prediction selling price BMW i3 is in the range of USD 40 thousand.

Although the status of the electric car. BMW i3 EV will be available with a choice of two-cylinder gasoline engine. Gasoline engine with a capacity of 0.65 liters, plus a generator to recharge the batteries.

Although price is not final, but BMW is likely to get a tax rebate from the U.S. government USD7.500.

Sales and Marketing Manager BMW Marcus Krieg said, BMW will offer an optional electric charging at home faster for the electric car.

Each consumer BMW i3 will also offer hybrid system, to increase coverage vehicle. All this is offered as a BMW more effort promoting the sale of electric cars.

BMW i3 CONCEPT COUPE

The BMW i3 Concept Coupe is an uncompromisingly sustainable vehicle that runs on clean, renewable electric power, designed purely for the urban driver. BMW Group, the world’s most sustainable automotive company for the eighth consecutive year (Dow Jones Sustainability Index), has done it again.

Purpose-built to meet the demands of sustainable and emission-free mobility, the BMW i3 Concept Coupe embodies state-of-the-art urban transportation and zero-emission commuting. Ready for series production this year, BMW Group’s first-ever all-electric model employs the design idiom created specially for BMW i cars.

The carbon fibre body makes a powerful visual statement with its flowing coupe roofline, i “stream flow” side-window styling and aerodynamic design. Participants at the LA show were even more impressed when they climbed into the BMW i3 Concept Coupe. On the inside, BMW’s typical sense of spaciousness is combined with an exclusive lounge-style ambience in the two individual rear seats and enlarged windows the sense of space and brightness is purposefully designed to enhance the passenger experience.

The world’s most sustainable electric vehicle is the first fully networked automobile on the market, too. Thanks to BMW’s innovative ConnectedDrive technology, the BMW i series’ navigation system; as well as the information transfer flow between the vehicle, the outside world and the driver’s smartphone; has been designed for optimum e-mobility.

By using the BMW ConnectedDrive remote app, available for iOS and Android, the driver can access all the vehicle data and route information from a smartphone at any time, anywhere.

SUSTAINABLE URBAN MOBILITY

The BMW i3 Concept Coupe’s eDrive technology, comprising an extremely agile electric motor developed and built by BMW, innovative battery technology and an intelligent engine management system, makes the vehicle a joy to drive. The electric motor, sited over the rear axle – which generates 125kW/170hp and impressive 250Nm of torque from a standstill – and the car’s small turning circle combine to deliver a pleasantly dynamic driving experience. The BMW i3 Concept Coupe accelerates from zero to 60km/h in under four seconds, and from rest to 100km/h in less than eight seconds.

The vehicle makes extensive use of carbon fibre-reinforced plastic (CFRP) – a lightweight yet extremely strong, high-tech material. BMW Group’s use of CFRP is opening up new horizons in automotive engineering and design, which is clearly reflected in the BMW i3 Concept Coupe.

Carbon fibre components have not only revolutionised lightweight automotive engineering, they’ve also played a significant part in the design of BMW i vehicles. The fact that carbon fibre is light, extremely robust and easy to shape has paved the way for more complex design features and improved aerodynamics, with an enhanced sense of interior space.

Measuring 3,964mm long, 1,768mm wide and 1,555mm high, the BMW i3 Concept Coupe has a highly unique profile. Its low-slung design and standard BMW i3 2,570mm wheelbase mean exceptional agility for the urban driver. The BMW i3 Concept Coupe’s looks champion the marque’s brand values of efficiency, lightness, safety and premium quality.

The exterior surfaces and colour scheme are designed to visualise the basic construction, as defined by the car’s LifeDrive architecture. The principle of overlapping levels known as “layering” serves to symbolise the harmonious interaction between the striking construction and the design elements of the “Life” and “Drive” modules, and also provides the basis for a transparency in vehicle design that reinforces the concept’s sustainability. When the BMW i3 Concept Coupe rolls out later this year, it will represent the German carmaker’s next stage of Efficient Dynamics technologies.

Updated Price. BMW i3 Priced from $41,350 in the US, £25,680 in the UK and €34,950 in Germany

Posts related to 2014 BMW i3 Electric City Car Release Date, Review, Price, Specs

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy