2014 BMW i3 First drive review MSN Autos | Electric Cars and Hybrid Vehicle - Green energy

2014 BMW i3 First drive review MSN Autos

29 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 BMW i3 First drive review MSN Autos отключены
BMW i3 � Electric Car 127kW Auto

Is the new electric city car enough of a

BMW has a lot of money and cultural cachet in the first model of its EV lineup. The i3 the BMW famed double-kidney grille, but purely symbolic — the urban electric motor requires no

It’s not an overstatement to say that the i3 is one of the significant vehicles ever by BMW. and the company has a lot riding on its While the German automaker has a successful history of producing luxury cars, this is its all-electric vehicle. It’s the debut of BMW’s new and separate i brand.

Beyond being BMW’s major stake in the EV market, the believes the i3 heralds the dawn of a new age in a company official proclaimed at a MSN Autos attended in Amsterdam. this may sound like the PR puffery that comes the launch of almost any new vehicle, the i3 mark a huge shift for the and for reasons that run deeper the car’s radical exterior and design.

BMW has grand plans for how the i brand fit into the future of transportation, but we wanted to know is what like to drive the i3 on today’s — and whether consumers should buying one when the car hits showrooms in 2014. That depends on two factors: How loyal you are to the if you’re a dedicated previous and whether you’re less of a BMW but simply want an upscale but EV.

View Pictures:   2014 BMW i3

lineup

The U.S. version of the i3 be available in three trim Mega, Giga and Terra. All come standard with air a leather-wrapped steering wheel, LED driving lights, a backup system, USB and auxiliary-in ports, Bluetooth, BMW’s base-level system, and a charging cable for use a standard residential 110-volt socket.

Options include a rearview automatically dimming rear-view and mirrors; adaptive cruise with a fully automatic function; BMW’s Traffic Jam to keep a car centered in its lane; recognition and collision warning automatic braking under 37 and automatic parking. Some of are grouped into option and some are standard on higher levels.

An example of how different the i3 is other BMWs — and how the company it just a piece of the transportation — is that it will come features that aren’t part of the car. An Intermodal feature found on the BMW i remote app will indicate to a driver it may be better to take alternative of transportation such as trains and when the traffic gets too to continue by car. Another is the of long-range loaner vehicles for an i3 owner wants to take

a trip that exceeds the range.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy