2014 BMW i3 Review Chicago Tribune | Electric Cars and Hybrid Vehicle - Green energy

2014 BMW i3 Review Chicago Tribune

7 Мар 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 BMW i3 Review Chicago Tribune отключены
BMW i3 � Electric Car 127kW Auto

3 out of 5

The all new, all-electric BMW i3 will be in Chicago in mid-2014 at a starting of $41,350. Incentives include a income tax credit of $7,500 and a rebate in Illinois of up to 10 percent of price up to $4,000.

How green is it? In respects, this car is over-the-top right down to the wind-generated used by the plant that the car, the bio-polymer key made castor oil and the owner’s manual, is made from renewable However, 22 kWh battery will deliver a drive range of 80 to 100 on par with the much less Nissan Leaf.

The i3 does offer ECO PRO and ECO PRO+ however, which will increase driving range on a charge.

Pros cons: One of the things about this It will, in fact, be sold in Unlike the Fiat 500e, Fit EV, Chevrolet Spark EV. BMW says it be available in the fourth quarter of just like everywhere Thank you.

Also, are a couple of great things BMW is to help combat range First, it’s offering a gasoline-powered range extender, will roughly double the range. Second, the battery can in 3 hours with a 220V, 2 32-amp J1772 charger. Or the SAE DC Fast Charging option the i3 up to 80% in 20 minutes, and 100% in 30 minutes.

The biggest con: it’s non-BMW façade.

What’s The i3 itself is all new, and it’s the car in BMW’s new i sub-brand.

Ride While BMW is trying very not to lose their “Ultimate Machine” moniker with car, it is electronically limited to 93 and the electric motor only 170 horsepower and 184 pound-feet of torque. 0-to-60-mph drive time is 7.2 Not quite what you’re to from BMW.

The good news: The i3 will BMW’s signature near weight distribution as well as an turning radius (32.3 The i3 also utilizes a rear-wheel powertrain, which is more fun but practical in a place like that actually gets 4 months of the year.

Family BMW hasn’t released cargo yet, but we have a feeling isn’t quite family car The i3 is about the size of the 1-Series, but BMW it has interior volume on par with the Except that it looks it only seats 4. It is a hatchback, usually has good potential as a car, but until we see what the space looks like, dubious that it’ll fit more than a couple

BMW i3 � Electric Car 127kW Auto

Fun factor: With BMW driving at its core, the i3 has the potential to be fun. with the prospect of running out of on your commute home, how fun do you really want to have? BMW and ConnectedDrive with eCall be standard on the i3, so there is some potential for fun.

But all the really cool gadgets as real-time traffic, traffic jam parking assist, rearview etc. are optional.

Safety: In to all the federally mandated safety the BMW i3 is constructed with high-strength fiber reinforced plastic and has a post-crash notification system calls 9-1-1. Available features include adaptive control, collision warning and priming.

Jill Ciminillo is a automotive writer and social expert who conducts the ChicagoNow Drive, She Said .

2014 BMW i3 overall safety

No data available from the Highway Traffic Safety

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy