2014 BMW i3 Specs Pricing and Release Date Announced European Car

13 Июн 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 BMW i3 Specs Pricing and Release Date Announced European Car отключены
BMW i3 Electric Cars

2014 BMW i3 Specs, Pricing and Date Announced

All-electric and this small four-door on technology, safety and lightweight

The Details:

Zero-emission, 80-100 EV range with sporty launches new BMW i sub-brand

MSRP of (three trim levels)

Q2 of 2014 in USA

Carbon Reinforced design greatly enhances

BMW has announced the specs, features, and release date range for the i3 all-electric vehicle. From and 2011 i sub-brand news to worldwide debut, the four-door BMW i3 on snappy all-electric urban and safety. It will be available in the second quarter of 2014 for a MSRP of $41,350 — trim and tech packages

Powered by a 110 lb, 170hp, 184 lb-ft electric motor, BMW claims a EV range of 80-100 miles a Motor Trend i3 First claimed a 0-60mph time of 7 seconds. The i3 utilizes the BMW eDrive drive powertrain found on the BMW A single-speed transmission delivers zero-emission power to the wheels.

Performance and range hinge what BMW is calling its LifeDrive concept, which comprises of a Module or passenger cabin and Module.

The i3 has footprint the size of the 1 It boasts a small turning of 32.2ft due to narrow 155/70/19 tires on 19-inch light-alloy which are claimed to have a patch of a more conventional tire. 50-50 weight and electric power steering help create a vehicle is extremely nimble in tight situations.

Iconic kidney mark the front end along Aerodynamic Air Curtains that drag. A rear diffuser, is the lowest part of the car, aids in aero. U- shaped LED front and rear highlight a take on BMW light design.

A large rear window increases driver visibility.

The Drive Module consists of a 450 lb lithium-ion battery, electric MacPherson strut and 5-link suspension system, and structural The battery is mounted low and to the rear, to the drive wheels to improve

For those interested in further range, an optional rear-mounted 34hp, two-cylinder, gasoline-powered Extender generator is available, roughly doubles the vehicle’s At a predetermined battery level, the Extender turns on and maintains the current state of charge. The Extender never directly the vehicle’s wheels.

It adds 330 lb to the vehicle’s curb weight and has a capacity of 2.4 gallons.

The i3 features Energy Regeneration, which in EV range by converting kinetic into electricity. When the lifts off the pedal at higher the decelerating motor acts as a that routes electricity the battery. At lower speeds the feature is disabled to allow the car to and generate a strong braking

On the acceleration end, the right has a neutral position to preserve and increase range as well. means that when the eases off the accelerator, the electric uses zero torque to separate from the drivetrain and only the available kinetic for propulsion. In this mode, the BMW i3 using virtually no energy at

BMW i3 Electric Cars

A leading reason for the claimed i3’s efficiency is its Carbon Plastic (CFRP) Life passenger cabin design an industry first for mass automotive passenger cells. is equally as strong as steel at 50 the weight. It is also 30 percent than aluminum.

The lightweight cabin, which features the space of the BMW 3 Series, lowers the of gravity for improved handling

Emphasizing safety is CFRP’s to absorb impact energy. aluminum structures in the front and reinforce the exterior too. The low position also was purposely away from common areas.

To minimize the threat of fire, in the event of a crash, it is from the system and discharged the passenger restraint system is This prevents the possibility of a circuit, which could a fire. After an accident, and passengers also can depend on an Intelligent Emergency Call which quickly sends number of front-seat occupants and data to the BMW ConnectedDrive Call who then routes the information to a 911 center.

While head looks may not be the main selling BMW made aspects of the car more with a focus on technology. For the navigation unit not only detailed live traffic but also driving style for prediction of route in relation to battery life. An embedded SIM unlocks BMW ConnectedDrive services can search nearby charging connect to a 24/7 Concierge alert authorities in the event of an and Driving Assistant Plus

The optional Driver Assistant features Collision Warning alerts) with a brake function, which is activated at up to an estimated 35mph. It can respond to moving and parked vehicles, and by braking the vehicle without input. The Parking Assistant parallel parking fully Traffic Jam Assistant allows the i3 to the tasks of pulling away, and steering to keep the vehicle in

A Speed Limit Info is also available. A BMW i Remote app allows users to link phone to their car.

the interior technology are driving that are ergonomically placed for driver access. The instrument spans across the entire The freestanding steering column the instrument cluster, start/stop and gear shift selector. Trend had this to say about the of the i3:

The interior isn’t the usual brooding, uber-serious German cabin, but a place of bright, fun. Atop its wave-shaped are twin, freestanding displays. essentially perform the same as BMW’s current two dash-imbedded but perch airily like a Kindle Fires on stands.

you open the doors, portions of its carbon-fiber passenger cocoon are displayed. This enclosure is one of the i3 spots.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy