2014 BMW i8 Boldride com Pictures Wallpapers | Electric Cars and Hybrid Vehicle - Green energy

2014 BMW i8 Boldride com Pictures Wallpapers

30 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 BMW i8 Boldride com Pictures Wallpapers отключены

Quick Specs

The BMW i brand is synonymous with mobility concepts and a new definition of quality that is strongly on sustainability. Following the world of the first production model, the BMW i3, the BMW next step will be to this revolutionary answer to the challenges facing personal to the sports car segment. At a driving at the BMW Group’s Miramas test in France, the BMW i brand is now presenting a of its second production vehicle, the BMW i8.

plug-in hybrid model is the progressive sports car of our time, the basic BMW i philosophy of sustainability to a new segment.

The BMW i8 embodies hallmark BMW pleasure in a revolutionary and mould-breaking This is reflected in a highly design, dynamic sports car and fuel consumption and emissions worthy of a small car. an exceptionally lightweight, aerodynamically body with cutting-edge BMW technology, a compact, highly 1.5-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo engine and intelligent energy the BMW i8 marks the next stage in the of the Efficient Dynamics strategy. Its approach achieves an unprecedented between performance and fuel Thanks to its carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic passenger cell, the BMW i8 sets new for a plug-in hybrid vehicle in of low weight.

It can operate solely on power, which means no emissions, and offers the dynamic of a sports car, with an 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) sprint of 4.5 seconds.

The BMW i8 was designed from the as a plug-in hybrid sports with the emphasis on agile and outstanding efficiency. Its characteristic BMW i architecture provides the best basis for lightweight design. Its components are the aluminum Drive which incorporates the internal engine and electric motor, the the power electronics and the chassis along with structural and functions, and the Life module, essentially comprises the 2+2-seater passenger cell.

This also gives the BMW i8 a very low of gravity and a near-perfect 50:50 load ratio, both of increase its agility.

The BMW i8’s hybrid system is specific to model. Developed and produced by the BMW it marks the next step in the of the Efficient Dynamics program. A three-cylinder petrol engine BMW TwinPower Turbo technology is with an electric drive and a lithium-ion battery which can be at a standard household power The 170 kW/231 hp petrol engine its power to the rear wheels, the 96 kW/131 hp electric motor the front wheels.

This offers all-electric driving with a range of up to 35 kilometers 22 miles) and a top speed of 120 km/h 75 mph).

With both systems engaged, it also road-hugging all- wheel-drive with powerful acceleration and torque vectoring during cornering. The more powerful of the two drives the rear wheels. The system supplements this power from the electric to deliver typical BMW driving combined with groundbreaking

Calculated using the EU test for plug-in hybrid vehicles, the fuel consumption of the BMW i8 at model will be less than 2.5 km (over 113 mpg) with CO2 of less than 59 grams per

Optimal balance between and fuel economy: BMW i8 as an exciting of the Efficient Dynamics strategy.

It is now than a decade since the BMW launched its Efficient Dynamics development strategy, whose aim is to improve both the performance and the of new BMW Group models. Efficient combines evolutionary advances in technologies with the development of new and drive concepts. Efficient solutions include efficient design and aerodynamic concepts, drive systems based on Turbo technology and BMW eDrive, and management of all energy flows the vehicle.

The new, revolutionary now being introduced on models of the BMW i will subsequently find its way the vehicles of the BMW Group’s core

BMW i is also setting benchmarks in the for zero CO2 emissions in urban The research and development work out since 2007 as part of i has laid the foundations for revolutionary solutions strongly influenced by economic and social change the world. The BMW Group is pursuing an approach, as embodied in the new BMW i brand, aims to achieve the necessary between individual needs and the mobility requirements of the future. The BMW i is squarely on all-electric and plug-in mobility.

Groundbreaking design, lightweight engineering, typical BMW pleasure coupled with emissions, intelligent energy and resource- and energy-saving production are all combined into an innovative package.

LifeDrive architecture an aluminum chassis for the powertrain and a passenger cell: for more lower weight and optimized

The LifeDrive architecture specially for BMW i vehicles offers the ideal for turning the tide of spiraling while at the same time distinctive styling exclusive to BMW i. a length of 4,689 mm, a width of mm and a height of 1,293 mm, the BMW i8 has the proportions of a sports car. Its dynamic is also stressed by a long conspicuous aerodynamic features, an roofline, short overhangs and a wheelbase of 2,800 mm. Characteristic BMW i language wraps up this combination of sporty performance and in a charismatic 2+2-seater design.

The BMW i8 a drag coefficient (Cd value) of with outstanding aerodynamic The finely honed air flow all parts of the vehicle body for an excellent lift/drag ratio, in superb driving dynamics and

Intelligent lightweight design – the overall concept down to the detail.

With its combination of the Drive module and the CFRP cell (Life module), the BMW i8 is an excellent example of intelligent design – one of the guiding principles of the Dynamics strategy. Use of the lightweight material CFRP, which offers excellent crash brings weight savings of 50 per over steel and around 30 per over aluminum, with or improved strength. These offset the weight penalty of the motor and the high- voltage giving the BMW i8 an unladen weight of than 1,490 kilograms. The architecture also brings in terms of weight distribution.

The pack is situated low down in the of the vehicle, resulting in a low and central of gravity, which improves No other current model of a BMW brand has such a low centre of

The front-rear axle load maximizes agility with a 50:50 axle load The compact electric motor, with the transmission and power are situated in close proximity to the powered front axle. The turbocharged petrol engine, is located together with its in the rear of the BMW i8, likewise sends its to the road via the shortest possible i.e. through the rear

As a finishing touch to this weight distribution, the lithium-ion pack is centrally located in the slightly forward of the mid-point. In of crash safety, this is an location for the battery, which is in an aluminum housing.

The doors a CFRP inner structure and an outer skin. This the weight of the door by 50 per cent with a conventional design. The naturally tanned leather of the highlights the “next premium”, philosophy of BMW i.

The magnesium instrument support saves weight on two – firstly through intelligent leading to around 30 per cent savings compared, for example, the BMW 6 Series. In addition, the high rigidity provides a strengthening which allows the number of to be reduced, thereby lowering by a further 10 per cent. Innovative plastic technology used in the air ducts brings 60 per cent savings over conventional while also improving thanks to its sound-absorbing properties.

The that the power electronics and motor are directly connected the amount of wiring required, partial use of aluminum wiring further weight reductions. design is also a feature of the BMW chassis systems – including the where the standard-fitted 20-inch aluminum wheels combine design with weight The rigorous application of the lightweight strategy even extends to screws and bolts, which are 45 per cent lighter than steel components, with the strength and functionality.

The BMW i8 is also the world’s first vehicle to be equipped with hardened glass. This technology, to date used in Smartphone manufacturing, results in high strength. The partition the passenger compartment and boot of the BMW i8 of two layers of chemically hardened each of which is just 0.7 thick, with acoustic sandwiched between.

In addition to acoustic properties, a further of this solution is weight of around 50 per cent compared conventional laminated glass.

For driving pleasure and efficiency:

BMW Turbo engine and electric developed by the BMW Group.

The plug-in system of the BMW i8, which comprises a BMW Turbo engine combined BMW eDrive technology, offers the of both worlds: excellent for improved efficiency and exciting, driving characteristics. The BMW Group has not only the internal combustion and electric motor in-house but the power electronics and the battery. ensures that all these offer high product and standards, based on the outstanding of the BMW Group in the field of powertrain and development.

The revolutionary character of the BMW i8 is by a further innovation: the use of a new internal engine which is making its in this model. The BMW i8 is the first BMW model to be powered by a three-cylinder engine. This highly unit is equipped with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology. It is compact and develops maximum of 170 kW/231 hp.

The resulting specific of 113 kW/154 hp per liter of displacement is on a par high-performance sports car engines and is the of any engine produced by the BMW Group.

The new engine derives its typical from the BMW six-cylinder in-line to which it is closely related and are noted for their eager delivery, revving ability and The three- cylinder’s BMW TwinPower technology comprises a high-performance system and direct petrol with high-precision injectors between the valves, along VALVETRONIC throttle-less load which improves efficiency and thanks to seamlessly variable lift control. Like a engine, the three-cylinder unit is of first and second order forces. The low roll torque, a feature of a three-cylinder design, is reduced by a balancer shaft, a multi-stage damper integrated in the transmission ensures very and refined running at low rpm.

BMW Turbo technology and low internal improve both fuel and torque characteristics. Accelerator is sharp and the three-cylinder unit reaches its maximum torque of 320 meters.

The BMW i8’s second power is a hybrid synchronous electric specially developed and produced by the BMW for BMW i. The electric motor develops power of 96 kW/131 hp and produces its torque of around 250 Newton from standstill. Typical of an motor, responsive power is available when starting and continues into the higher ranges. The linear power which extends right up to the end of the rpm range, is down to a special design principle exclusive to BMW i. BMW technology refines and improves on the of the permanently excited synchronous via a special arrangement and size of the components.

This results in a effect normally confined to motors. This excitation that the electromechanical field when current is applied stable even at high

As well as providing a power to assist the petrol engine acceleration, the electric motor can power the vehicle by itself. Top is then 120 km/h (approx. 75

The BMW i8 has a maximum driving range in emission-free, virtually soundless, mode of up to 35 kilometres (approx. 22 The motor derives its energy the lithium-ion battery which is mounted underneath the floor of the The model-specific version of the high-voltage was developed and produced by the BMW Group.

It has a cooling system and can be recharged at a household power socket, at a BMW i or at a public charging station. A recharge takes less three hours at a household socket and less than two at a BMW i Wallbox.

The BMW i8’s vehicle and powertrain control system it out as a progressive, revolutionary sports The BMW i8 always achieves the optimal between performance and efficiency, the driving situation. When demands allow, the high-voltage is recharged by the electric motor. The starter-generator, responsible for starting the can also be used as a generator to the battery, the necessary power provided by the BMW TwinPower Turbo

The battery can also be recharged via the motor during overrun. various processes help to depletion of the BMW i8’s battery in to maintain the electric drive The all-electric driving range is to cover most urban requirements.

Out of town, the BMW i8 offers sporty performance which is very efficient thanks to the support for the petrol engine the electric motor. With versatility, the BMW i8 belongs to a new generation of cars which unites performance with cutting-edge – to enhance both driving and sustainability.

Driving Experience and eDrive button: a choice of and performance characteristics – at the touch of a

The rear wheels of the BMW i8 are driven by the engine via a six-speed automatic The front wheels are driven by the motor via an integrated two-stage transmission. Combined maximum and torque of 266 kW/362 hp and 570 Newton respectively provide all-wheel-drive which is as dynamic as it is efficient.

The BMW i8’s intelligent powertrain system ensures perfect of both power sources. The power-sharing between the internal engine and the electric motor the driver aware of the sporty of the BMW i8 at all times, while at the same maximizing the energy efficiency of the system. Utilizing both sources, the 0 – 100 km/h (62 mph) time is expected to be less 4.5 seconds.

Linear acceleration is even at higher speeds the interplay between the two power efficiently absorbs any power interruptions when shifting The BMW i8 has an electronically controlled top speed of 250 (155 mph), which can be and maintained when the vehicle solely on the petrol engine. front-rear power splitting in with changing driving makes for excitingly dynamic On entering the corner, the power is biased towards the rear to improve turning precision.

For vigorous acceleration out of the corner, the controller returns to the default as soon as the steering angle smaller again. The BMW i8 also the driver unusual scope to the drive and suspension settings of the in order to adapt the driving to his or her individual preferences. As well as the gear selector for the automatic the driver can also use the Driving Control switch – a familiar of the latest BMW models – or, exclusively to the BMW i8, the button.

Using the gear the driver can either select D for automated gear selection or can to SPORT mode. SPORT offers sequential manual selection and at the same time to very sporty drive and settings. In SPORT mode, the and electric motor deliver performance, accelerator response is and the power boost from the motor is maximized. And to keep the topped up, SPORT mode activates maximum energy during overrun and braking: for the electric motor’s generator which recharges the battery kinetic energy, switches to a powerful setting.

At the same gear change times are and an extra-sporty setting is selected for the Dynamic Damper Control. in this mode, the programmable cluster supplies further information in addition to the rev counter

The Driving Experience Control on the centre console offers a of two settings. On starting, COMFORT is activated, which offers a between sporty performance and efficiency, with unrestricted to all convenience functions. Alternatively, at the of a button, ECO PRO mode can be engaged, on the BMW i8 as on other models, supports an driving style. The powertrain coordinates the cooperation between the engine and the electric motor for fuel economy.

On overrun, the intelligent energy system automatically decides, in with the driving situation and status, whether to recuperate energy or to coast with the at the same time, ECO PRO mode programs electrical convenience such as the air conditioning, seat and heated mirrors to operate at power consumption – but without safety. The maximum driving of the BMW i8 on a full fuel tank and a fully charged battery is 500 kilometers (310 miles) in mode. In ECO PRO mode, this can be by up to 20 per cent.

The BMW i8’s ECO PRO mode can be used during all-electric The vehicle is then powered by the electric motor. Only if the charge drops below a level, or under sudden throttle application (kickdown), is the combustion engine automatically

The driving mode selected at a moment is indicated to the driver on the instrument cluster by a distinctive and by a different, mode-specific set of driving The three-dimensional appearance of the display to the futuristic look and feel of the as a whole.

High-quality chassis DSC and Dynamic Damper Control as

The high-end chassis and suspension of the BMW i8 is based on a double-track control arm axle and a five-link rear whose aluminum components and are specially configured for intelligent savings. The electromechanical power offers easy maneuvering in and typical sports car-style steering precision. Also is Dynamic Damper Control: the operated dampers change characteristics according to the selected mode to deliver the desired dynamics.

The DSC (Dynamic Stability stability system includes the Braking System (ABS), Brake Control (CBC), Brake Control (DBC), Assist, Brake Standby, Assistant, Fading Compensation and the Drying function. The push Dynamic Traction Control system raises the DSC thresholds, some controlled drive slippage for easier start-off on or loose ground, or for extra-dynamic

BMW i8 � Electric Car 270kW Auto

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy