2014 BMW i8 Gets $136 625 Price Tag 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show Edmunds com

9 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 BMW i8 Gets $136 625 Price Tag 2013 Frankfurt Auto Show Edmunds com отключены
BMW i8 � Electric Car 270kW Auto

2013 Frankfurt Auto

22 Photos

2013 Frankfurt Show

Just the Facts:

The BMW i8 will start at $136,625, it goes on sale next in the U.S.

The production i8 debuted at the Frankfurt Auto Show.

EPA fuel economy numbers not been published, but BMW said the i8 is to return 94 mpg in the U.S.

FRANKFURT, The 2014 BMW i8 will start at including a $925 destination when it goes on sale spring in the U.S. The i8. which the automaker calls a new generation of car, debuted on Tuesday at the Frankfurt Auto Show .

The i8 is a significant vehicle because it is the plug-in hybrid from the BMW and the world’s most forward-looking car, the automaker said.

EPA fuel economy numbers not been published, but BMW said the i8 is to return 94 mpg in the U.S. BMW does not to have EPA numbers on the i8 until next year. It did not specify if the number refers to city or driving.

The i8 will debut as a model, said David a BMW spokesman, in a phone conversation Edmunds on Monday. Earlier, it was that the i8 would be a 2015

Buchko said the i8, a plug-in 2+2 sports car, competes high-performance cars in this price range, such as the LFA. The car is pitched at high-tech or folks who can afford a car in this range and are intrigued by new things, said.

Standard equipment full-LED headlights, but some may be disappointed to hear that laser headlights, which be available on the i8 in Europe, will not be in the U.S. because they been approved by federal regulators. The laser headlights use a to create a pattern similar to a They are said to use far less than even LED headlights.

The plug-in hybrid is equipped a 1.5-liter three-cylinder gasoline an electric motor and a lithium-ion Total system output is 362 This is the first BMW hybrid in the gas engine and the electric motor are to operate different drive

The gas engine sends power to the wheels via a six-speed automatic while the electric motor power through the front via a two-stage automatic transmission.

BMW the i8 sprints from zero-62 mph in 4.4 It has a range of up to 22 miles and a top speed of 75 mph on power alone.

The driver can choose from driving modes, including a mode with an ultra-intense function provided by the electric and a fuel-saving Eco Pro mode that functions such as the air conditioning to at minimum power consumption.

details on the BMW i8 include a passenger made from carbon-fiber-reinforced BMW says the material is 50 percent than steel and 30 percent than aluminum. It helps the hybrid tip the scales are a relatively low weight of 3,285 pounds.

BMW there will be repair set up in which specialized employees care of vehicles with to the aluminum or CFRP structure.

The car’s design puts a on aerodynamics, with a low-slung Air Curtains in the front apron, underbody and contoured side The car’s standard 20-inch aluminum wheels have an optimized lightweight design, Carbon-fiber-reinforced plastic wheels are in some markets.

The cabin lightweight seats and exposed plastic to provide a reminder of the low of the BMW i8, the company said.

The i8 can be charged at a 110-volt outlet in 3.5 hours, the BMW i Charging Station completes the in 1.5 hours.

Edmunds says: At the BMW i8 will be the first serious for the Tesla Model S that has plenty of attention from buyers who want a green

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy