2015 BMW i3 Electric Wonder Review 2014 BMW i3 The Car Guide | Electric Cars and Hybrid Vehicle - Green energy

2015 BMW i3 Electric Wonder Review 2014 BMW i3 The Car Guide

12 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2015 BMW i3 Electric Wonder Review 2014 BMW i3 The Car Guide отключены
BMW 5er Electric Cars

2015 BMW i3: Electric Wonder

articles

BMW invited journalists to the i3 press drive event in Los one day prior to the opening of the L.A. Show. I was excited to learn I’d be to participate, never having an electric vehicle. The i3 — and frankly the entire i series — represents a huge for BMW.

The manufacturer has invested $4 billion to bring the electric to fruition, having built entirely from scratch.

The i3 has a modular architecture BMW calls Passengers sit in the Life Module is a CFRP (carbon fiber plastic) ultra-lightweight structure. The drive module encompasses the and chassis.

By locating the battery in the of the Life module, the usual in the floor is done away leaving the passengers with space.

BMW greeted us at the L.A.-area hotel a fleet of about twenty Orange i3s in the parking lot. a walk around and an in-depth of the features from the BMW i series I was ready to get behind the wheel. My for this journey was the only Canadian journalist invited by Mr.

Michael Smith of Toronto-based Knights Magazine.

My first upon seeing the i3 was that bigger in real life I was expecting. It’s not a tiny car by any and this is even more when the rear half-suicide are opened. Adults won’t any trouble getting in and out of the back

Looks-wise, it’s certainly not everyday vehicle. Exterior pushes the envelope and will the car stand out quite a bit. it won’t be everyone’s cup of tea, I prefer something out of the mainstream than a bland-looking car for the masses.

The extensive use of lightweight material as carbon fiber is readily along the edges of the door and other parts of the vehicle. the cockpit, I was greeted with a BMW feel with an undoubtedly look, though Michael used the term “organic” suits it even better. The top of the is made of open-pore eucalyptus and makes for a high-end natural and feel.

The seats are a combination of leather and environmentally friendly made from recycled

Dual LCD screens are used to the vehicle’s information to the driver. The new is actually just a thick nob your turn signal but is on the side of the wheel. It’s but took no time at all to get used to.

What does take to get used to is that the car needs to be on” rather than started. You on the gauges to inform you if the vehicle is

After a brief familiarization we hit the for our 2 hour cruise through the Hills and back to downtown Los Being all-electric, 100% of the is available right away. If ever driven a golf it’s a similar feel.

The i3 seamlessly and quickly when you it. Even uphill we had no issues and to be it yielded pretty incredible The best part was that came without the financial and guilt I usually get after the throttle in my gasoline-powered vehicle.

BMW 5er Electric Cars

An that concerned me while was how quickly the car decelerates when you your foot off the gas. In instances I didn’t even to use the brake to come to a stop. I that this might a security issue for drivers me who might not have realized the car was down.

BMW thinks of everything it seems, the tech people confirmed to me the brake lights do light up if the brake pedal is not depressed and the car is down.

I found the car very in the twists and turns while in the mountains. The turning circle was small (it helped because we a few turnoffs and had to make a u-turn to get on track.) The tester came the optional 20-inch wheels helped plant the car firmly to the and the i3 did everything I wanted and more. not surprising considering the car weighs a 1195 kg.

BMW lists the 0-100 km/h as 7.2 seconds.

The range of the vehicle for driving is between 130-150 which is not Tesla Model S but is sufficient for the vast majority of commutes. For those who might range anxiety, BMW has a range option where a small motorcycle engine is installed in the of the vehicle to generate power for the motor. The best part is the engine will never drive the i3.

It simply serves to the battery should you use up its entire

The Canadian base price for the BMW i3 tax incentives is $44,950, and it will go into production in the second of 2014.

I only had the car for two hours as to the week-long periods that usually get to test vehicles. The of driving something totally new for the was quite pleasing and I left more from this wonder.

Email to a friend Your Address Recipient’s Email Subject Message Email me a of this message

BMW 5er Electric Cars
BMW 5er Electric Cars
BMW 5er Electric Cars

Interesting

Other articles of the category "BMW":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy