2009 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid Car Review AOL On

2 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2009 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid Car Review AOL On отключены
Chevrolet Electric Cars

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

Chevrolet Silverado HD Review

Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid

2009-2010 Chevrolet Silverado Hybrid

Tags: 2009 Silverado Hybrid Car Review,2009 Silverado Review,2009 Chevrolet Truck, 2009 Chevrolet Hybrid,cylinder deactivation settings,drive 2 mode hybrid,silverado,steve hammes

video code:

2009 Silverado Hybrid Car Review

you think of Hybrid you’ll likely envision something a Toyota Prius. But when GM the Gas Electric Hybrid Game in 2004, they started their trucks, the first of was a Silverado Mild Hybrid it could move on electric alone. It featured a 295 horse 5.3 V8 made into a 4 speed augmented by an electric motor and a 10% gain fuel economy.

Jump ahead five and this Silverado Hybrid has matured.

Utilizing GM’s two hybrid system which tested right here and 3 SUV’s, this Silverado a full hybrid happily its slow speed without from the engine. This transmission is able to operate in a fix continuously variable or electric mode depending on the demands of the

Utilizing two small electric fed by a 300 volt batter pack under the rear seats, the can manage the big 6 liter V8 can be supplanted by system particularly in concert the cylinder deactivation feature allows the V8 to power down to a V4 cruising.

GM uses a host of other saving tricks too in order to the advertised combined 25% gain in economy. By 4 wheel drive has rated a 20 MPG city and highway the bulk of those gains in city driving.

One of the biggest of the two-mode is how it can handle higher as compared with other systems. And though this time crew cab 4×4 match the capabilities of its gas only part, it’s not that bad pounds payload which is 17% and 5900 pounds towing is 43% less. So as you might expect, takes the biggest hit in the Hybrid.

Chevrolet Electric Cars

The V8 under here makes power at 2 at 332 horsepower and 367 pound of torque but this Silverado be hungry. Step off with the power are still more adequate.

During my test I did my share of dirt hole this easy to operate cover so I likely made a impact on fuel economy but I only achieved about 16 ½ per gallon. This has been a during my GM two mode test however where I had yet to get to 20 miles per This truck’s gas counter gets only 13 city and 18

The whole two-mode operation is amazing especially when the was pulling away from a light in quietness as it let’s the do the work up to 30 miles per hour. I note though that the two system here wasn’t’ as transparent as the other’s have though it didn’t race any red

There are two trim choices, 1HY and This is the base level one as the interior shows. If you want the monitor, navy sun roof and a you’d have to step up to the

The only option on my tester is the six way side seat adjuster. The price as seen here is about a $2,700.75 premium. But in mind that the Silverado only comes in this with or without four drive.

Other than its GMC there are no other Hybrid ups on the market. Depending on your needs, this Silverado be a good fit for your utility and minded intentions.

For Drive on Yahoo Autos, I’m Steve

Posted: 10/20/2010 | Views: | Duration: 03:49

Chevrolet Electric Cars
Chevrolet Electric Cars
Chevrolet Electric Cars
Chevrolet Electric Cars

Interesting

Other articles of the category "Chevrolet":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy