2013 Chevrolet Volt offers better electric range improved MPGe Torque News | Electric Cars and Hybrid Vehicle - Green energy

2013 Chevrolet Volt offers better electric range improved MPGe Torque News

14 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2013 Chevrolet Volt offers better electric range improved MPGe Torque News отключены
Chevrolet Volt Electric Cars

2013 Chevrolet Volt better electric range, MPGe

General Motors has announced the official EPA fuel figures for the 2013 Chevrolet and the newest version of the electric sedan offers more range, improved fuel (MPGe) and an improved total range.

First of all, the Chevrolet Volt features an battery power capacity, up to kWh from 16.0 kWH in the 2012 while the available usage of energy has expanded from kWh to 10.8 kWh. What this all mean? It means the battery of the 2013 Chevy can hold more juice and the drivetrain can use more of that energy before the range-extending engine kicks in. This kWh window is there to prevent the from being drained too far as, a battery is drained empty and over – it decreases the life of the

These figures are all well and but what do these increases to in real world figures?

the 2013 Chevrolet Volt 38 miles of all-electric range, to the official EPA ratings that appear on the window sticker. The Chevy Volt offered an EPA range of 35 miles so for 2012, is an increase of 3 miles range for the new year. Next, the MPGe per gallon equivalent) has increased the figure of 94 miles per gallon for the model year to 98 MPGe for the Volt.

Finally, the overall EPA range starting when a charged and full tank of gas is 380 miles, a increase of 1 miles over the year but a small increase is than no increase.

The only to the 2013 Chevrolet Volt is here is a slight increase in time of a half hour charging via a 120V port and 15 when connected to a 240V

“The best way to explain we’ve done at the cell is to compare it to a cake batter Sometimes if you use more sugar and vanilla you get a better tasting We’ve done some at the cell level to modify the to make a better end result,” Bill Wallace, GM director of Battery Systems Engineering. attention to detail will our customers to experience more EV range, which is the true of owning a Volt.”

I should point out that in my spent behind the wheel of a Chevrolet Volt, I got between 38 and 43 on all-electric power while averaging a very impressive 109 per gallon. Volt owners repeatedly proven that the EPA estimates are just that – – and in the real world figures may be with reasonable driving. you, when driving the to get an average over 8 days of I drove the car just as I would my vehicles which included drives with speeds 70mph…showing that you don’t to baby the Volt to get great economy.

I would expect that these increases in EPA ratings, owners will find better figures in terms of the range, overall range and economy.

In addition to the larger and functional battery, the 2013 Volt will offer the EV Mode. This will the driver to force the Voltec to run with the gasoline engine rather than relying on the power. This mode is for drivers who leave home a fully charged battery the beginning portion of their taking place on the highway electric power is depleted the quickly.

In EV Hold Mode, the range engine will immediately regenerative charging to the battery so when you finish the highway of your trip – you still plenty of battery power to in stop-and-go traffic where EV is the most beneficial and efficient. mode has previously been in the European Opel Ampera but is the first time EV Hold is offered in the Chevy Volt.

The Volt has been the bestselling vehicle in the US market through the 5 months of 2012 and with the to the 2013 model year – we can expect to see the electric Chevy to see sales numbers grow.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Chevrolet":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy