2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Review Car Reviews and news at CarReview com

29 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid Review Car Reviews and news at CarReview com отключены
Honda hybrid Civic

2007 Honda Civic Review

Environmentally Responsible and Looking, Too!

Cons

a bit noisy due to road noise

a bit noisy when pushed

touch screen not intuitive

I wonder what the mileage be for a weekend road trip Sunnyvale to Los Angeles, California? And how with two other people and gear? We packed up the car, and out on Friday, and this is what I about this Civic

Driving Impressions

I like car. The Civic has a solid structure, comfortable seats, and fuel. The interior colors well together producing a visual experience for the occupants with a futuristic dash while the more-than-adequate sound (love the XM satellite!) completes the experience.

The Galaxy Gray Civic reminds me of a futuristic with a rising strake from the front wheel terminating at the rear bumper. for the small spoiler on the trunk there are few sharp edges to aerodynamic efficiency. As this was a trip, I loved the simple controls button located on the steering wheel: on, cancel, and and resume/accelerate.

True to Honda it accelerates and brakes smoothly being easy on the pocketbook.

Closing the either the doors or the was standard Honda fair: easy. Never did any of the doors ajar when pushed even a light touch. the car, you can feel the solid of the body displaying little and no rattles. I owned a 1978 Accord hatchback for quite a few and appreciated the open engine which made servicing the very easy.

Well, almost 30 years of in technology, and hybrid technology has almost every conceivable in the engine compartment. However, or checking vital fluids as easy as it was 30 years ago with such as color-coded dipsticks. The air is replaced by simply releasing 4 and checking the battery is even due to its location at the front-right of the engine As far as the interior, the graphite-colored trim the center-mounted LCD screen blended with the slightly lighter-colored vinyl and ivory (as Honda it) fabric (which seemed like a light-tan than

All of the dash trim pieces fit well with no variations seam lines.

Interior and Ergonomics

Being contained in a car for 6 I want a car that fits me The seats on the Civic are comfortable and but as we approached Los Angeles, my rear to ache a little. Driving with me was my girlfriend’s 5’-7” who sat in the back seat. She praised the leg and in the back seat.

With regards to the front there are two levers on the left for adjustment: one is for seat cushion and the other for seatback adjustment (as as a fore/aft adjustment). With limited adjustments, I quickly a comfortable seating position for the drive. The steering wheel tilts/telescopes. The dash is split the digital speedometer, temp/mpg, and gauge located above the trip meters, gear and battery/charge status meters. It a bit to get used to the difference in height the two, but like my Honda motorcycle, I looked mainly at the speedometer.

All of the information is clearly regardless of how bright the sun was shinning.

The screen is bright and configurable. The worked well and clearly me of impending turns or changes in with both graphical and instructions. I did notice one glitch in the nav it told us to take an exit (a or so before the actual exit in Los only to lead us back the freeway. One feature on the wish is the ability to enter a destination with a zip code. A small pet was the lag between switching functions navigation to audio) … it’s to bad shutter lag on a digital camera.

I notice this on the Toyota

I mentioned keeping cool in California. There are two HVAC one to control temperature and the other, fan They’re both large that were easy to to achieve the desired climate. One nag is the inability to shut off the flow of air to the two

The two outer-dash vents both wheels to close the vent … why not the two?

Below the HVAC you’ll find the 12 volt as well as the input for your player. I plugged in a 3-way12v into the outlet, and charged two and my portable Magellan GPS device. located to the right of outlet/input, is a shelf that would hold your iPod or Below that small is a larger cutout to hold gadgets, pens, or your Tic

On the way home, we had to charge a 4 th device, and the armrest is a second 12 volt Great thinking!

Performance

Honda hybrid Civic

How does it go? Well, having my and her niece along on the trip, I able to test it out, but I did to get it over 90mph on Highway 5. At speeds, the engine and transmission is working hard, but the car remains Slower traffic was easy to and pass, and we never had an issue. floor it, and with the increase in your speed increases.

If you leave the cruise control on and to climb a steep grade the Grapevine), the car has a difficult time the desired speed. If you cancel the control, and step on the gas, the car 3 people plus luggage) had no cruising up the Grapevine at 75 MPH. is strong with no surprises.

For an economy car, the suspension is good. On undulating pavement on 5, the suspension muted it to a dull in the car. Even the road on Sunset Boulevard were absorbed. One thing that me the most is the nimble quality of car. Parking and turning on of the crowded and narrow streets of Los was a breeze.

The power steering is giving just enough to the driver as to the vehicle’s direction. back to Sunnyvale with control set at 75mph, I momentarily my hands from the steering to check it’s tracking Had the highway been straight, I have made it all the way home nary a correction.

Styling

this is a hybrid?” You would be pressed to tell. Unfortunately, did little to distinguish their body from their Civic save for the small spoiler and badge on the trunk. I they had made some to let others know that I’m not “just” a Civic.

I hope the next Civic has character and excitement in its design.

This model lists for (and may still qualify for a tax credit) so it’s not that With the tax credit, it’s close to a well-optioned Civic sedan. It performs well, and most Honda’s, will be reliable. Out of curiosity, I set the cruise when leaving Los Angeles at 75 and upon returning to the Bay Area, a 38.5 MPG average for about 385 (we did some street driving to leaving so I’m sure my actual mileage would have higher). The 12.3-gallon tank a little less than ¼

That’s impressive. For commuting or trips (with 2-3 people), will be a perfect choice for

Editor s Note: After returned the car I drove the Civic the warning fuel light on, drove another 30 miles in slow-n-go commuter traffic, got the gauge down to one bar and finally into a gas station to fuel up. of the gas tank is 12.3 gallons to the owner s manual and it only 10.5 gallons to fill up the I wonder if the Civic Hybrid have gone another 60 before running dry.

Conclusion

If you can live with the (at times) interior, the futuristic and the bland styling, this is car. If I was spending $24k, I consider a more exciting, Mazda 3 or even the standard EX-L sedan (and a little $). I spoke with my a few hours ago, and he has a 4-year old coupe, and he mentioned that he the same mpg (as I did) on his trips to Is the hybrid for you? If you’re responsible or conscientious, no doubt, is the car for you, and would have no in recommending it to you.

But seeing a normal Civic (with a foot) can achieve similar (or less) miles per gallon costing thousands less, you to wonder if it’s worth it.

Honda hybrid Civic
Honda hybrid Civic
Honda hybrid Civic
Honda hybrid Civic
Honda hybrid Civic
Honda hybrid Civic
Honda hybrid Civic

articles

Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy