2008 Honda Civic Hybrid vs 2008 Toyota Prius (#5) PriusChat | Electric Cars and Hybrid Vehicle - Green energy

2008 Honda Civic Hybrid vs 2008 Toyota Prius (#5) PriusChat

2 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid vs 2008 Toyota Prius (#5) PriusChat отключены
Honda Civic Hybrid (3rd gen)

siouxnami New Member

Member Nov 27, 2007 Posts: 16 Likes 0 Location: Rochester Your Year: 2008 Prius

I just did this I’m it just because others also be interested.

Part of due diligence before I spend $ on a new car I to compare the Honda Civic to the Toyota Prius. As it turns out it was a bath considering what was to me. I compared a Prius (package 5) to a Civic Hybrid with

This is about as apples-to-apples as you can Many features and specs quite comparable, here is I found not to be.

First what I better about the Civic:

I could get the civic for about vs. the Prius for about $25,700 and in there is still a $2100 tax available for the Civic so all told it about $2,600 less.

This is subjective, but I really the futuristic 2 level dash I also thought the interior materials were a little quality.

Fit: This is very but I am about 6′ and I did think I fit slightly better in the Civic in the Prius, however the back and headroom did not impress me much, comparison was close enough I did not weigh it heavily.

Now what I better about the Prius to the choir. ):

Safety: Bottom is that I will never, EVER, purchase a new vehicle does not have some of electronic stability control. I am that some base of the Prius don’t have it but I most packages, including #5 add it.

Convenience: The Prius offers a camera, which is real The Civic, despite having a right there, does not this. What, do you expect me to turn my head.

Styling: The is distinctive and it’s own car. you look at the civic you have to it to the non hybrid model. It kind of you to calculate your return as to the the base Civic.

As a result I think that it is to view the Honda as a poor compared to non-hybrid.

Technology: The has Bluetooth, the Honda for some reason does not. is kind of a deal breaker for me as I don’t think you can have a savvy car and skimp on that.

I realize that you can do your own after market, but when you are near the high end of a line, you get a premium stereo. The Prius this, the Civic does

Fuel Economy: Let’s be both are very good. But the is that a reasonable estimates of beat 40/45 any day of the week. helps to offset the price over the life of the vehicles for

Storage: The hatchback and fold seats allow for far more the than the civic (thanks

Bottom line I think the more than justified price premium with safety, features, and fuel

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy