2009 Honda CRV Review AOL On

9 Мар 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2009 Honda CRV Review AOL On отключены
Honda CR-V Hybrid

YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE

2011 Honda CR-V EX-L Nav Review

2011 Honda CR-Z Hybrid Review

2010 Honda CR-V Car Review

Grab video code:

2009 Honda CR-V Review

Recall when Honda first came out with the CR-V? Back then, it was this kind of barbaric

little ruffian. Well, the CR-V is all grown up now and it’s really pleasant. That’s the only

word I can think of. Let’s go for a ride and check the tech.

Now understand, it’s easy for me to describe the CR-V as pleasant when we’re running

around in the very top of the line. This is the CR-V EX-L with navigation. Navigation on

the CR-V is not an option. It’s a trim level. And along with that navigation rig comes the

best audio system and all the toys such as they are. Let’s take a look.

There’s the nav system for which the model is named. That is the same software and

interface Honda has had for at least four years that I can recall. It works fine, not a bad

system, not my favorite. I find that the logic of getting around menus is pretty simple. On

the other hand, I don’t like this little fiddly mushroom cap navigator, never have. But the

brightness is real good. And like I say, the basics were easy to get too partly because we

have a good amount of buttons.

All in the audio system is 270-watts with seven-speakers around the cabin. One of those

is a sub. In terms of your sources, you’ve got XM Radio in here, AM, FM, no HD.

There’s that goofy PC card these people are so crazy about. Below that is your single slot

for CDs including MP3 and WMA and below that is the secret door for your GPS

navigation DVD. We’ve also got a slot down here behind this door which is kind of hard

to use because it’s got a spring door and a slide cover before you release the cartridge out

of the slot. Once all that Houdini-ing is over with, the six-disc magazine to get six more

discs in there.

Honda CR-V Hybrid

iPod is interesting. You can get what’s called Honda Music Link for a true logical iPod

connection. Inside, I detect a real noticeable pleasant improvement in the design of the

dash in the instrument panel, nice looking instruments, very crisp and clean

instrumentation, especially in that high resolution color multi-graph in the middle there.

Notice you’ve got a bar graph for your fuel level and a bar graph for your temperature

gauge, as well as for that instantaneous miles per gallon bar there on the top. It feels like

a richer car than it really is.

Now powering our pleasant little compact crossover is a classic Honda motor 2.4 liter,

inline-four dual overhead cam with their i-VTEC variable valvetrain. You’ve got a 160

somewhat horsepower and about the same number of foot-pounds of torque, a nice parity

there. 20/27 are your EPA mileage estimates. It always goes out through a five-speed

automatic knotted up kind of here on the console, just that simple. No shiftable gait, no

paddles.

Now, the engine’s numbers are pretty good at 160 plus horsepower and foot-pounds but it

doesn’t feel like. And I feel like we’re closer to the low-end toward a 100 of each. I

Honda CR-V Hybrid
Honda CR-V Hybrid
Honda CR-V Hybrid
Honda CR-V Hybrid
Honda CR-V Hybrid

Interesting articles

Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy