2009 Honda Fit Test drive and new car review 2009 Honda Fit

31 Мар 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2009 Honda Fit Test drive and new car review 2009 Honda Fit отключены
Honda Fit Electric Cars

A better Fit?

For 2009, is introducing an all-new Fit, and wait, what? Didn’t the Fit go on sale in, like, 2007? Yes it but while the 2007 Honda Fit was new to America, it was old hat to the rest of the world.

than make us wait, is already launching the new Fit here so is it an improvement? Read on. Price $15,220 — $19,430, EPA economy estimates 27-28 MPG 33-35 MPG highway.

First What’s old is new

Before we start about the new Fit, let’s a bit about the old Fit. The original Fit a place on my Best New Cars of list. despite being one of several new mini-cars introduced to the US that year. What the Fit so great was the apportioning of space front seat, back and cargo bay.

Thanks to some fancy the Fit was the one subcompact that allowed you to four adults and their at the same time — and in comfort. Good news: the 2009 Fit is an all-new design, it changed much — still the champ when it to hauling people and stuff all at

If I had one complaint about the old Fit. it was the goggle-eyed styling. The 2009 Fit has a new look; the windshield has been down farther into the and the face is more aggressive. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I’m most people will with me that this is one little car. That the new Fit ain’t quite as little it’s 4.2 inches longer and a wider than the old Fit.

The new Fit Honda’s ACE (Advanced Compatibility body structure, which it’s better equipped to drivers in crashes with vehicles — and in the case of the that’s pretty much else on the road.

In the Driver’s Seat: Amazing

2009 Honda Fit Sport

Photo Honda

Inside, the Fit a funkier look than of its rivals; the contoured and creviced looks like it was designed by a book artist, but it does lots of storage space for stuff. Honda is particularly of the new cupholders, which are mounted at the of the dash right in front of the air vents. Cold coffee,

If you ask me, the Fit’s cargo bay (link to photo) is its most impressive It offers a whopping 20.6 feet of space — that to 17.8 cubes for the Versa, 10.5 for the Scion xD. and 7.1 for the Aveo5. In fact, the Fit offers cargo space than cars like the VW Rabbit (15 cu. and Pontiac Vibe (20.1).

But — it gets better! The fuel tank is located the front seat, rather under the back seat most cars. That the back seats to be folded flat into the floor, up a whopping 57.3 cubic of cargo space — 12 cubes than a full-size Suburban SUV.

The seat bottoms also up. making it easy to carry items in the back seat

Honda offers the Fit in Base and Sport ($16,730) models. All get power windows, mirrors and air conditioning. power steering, a CD and a tilt-and-telescope steering column; the adds alloy wheels. control, iPod adapter and keyless entry. In keeping Honda tradition, there are few options; one is a GPS-linked navigation available exclusively on the Fit Sport.

On the Whip it good

The new Fit is powered by a 1.5 four-cylinder engine ; power (117 hp and 106 lb-ft of torque) are to most of its rivals. The Fit offers a 5-speed manual transmission a gentle clutch and such shift feel that I myself changing gears for the sheer joy of it. But getting at the power revving the daylights out of the engine, to the that I began to feel I was taking a whip to the poor Much as I loved the stick-shift, I less guilty letting the automatic (optional at $850) do the for me. I took an automatic Fit for an extended run, and thought it had more enough juice for the job.

Honda Fit Electric Cars

Off the freeway, the Fit’s excellent makes it fun to thread through and a cinch to park.

EPA fuel figures are down slightly last year’s Fit. the specs and you’ll see that the Fit Sport uses a bit more gas the automatic base model; because it has slightly different for snappier acceleration. A week of driving in manual-trans Fit Base an astonishing 39.3 miles per and during a quick highway in an automatic Sport I averaged an 36 MPG.

Safety-wise, the Fit comes standard six airbags and antilock brakes. The news: Electronic stability (a.k.a. ESC; Honda it Vehicle Stability Assist, or is optional, a rarity in the subcompact

The bad news: It’s only on the Fit Sport, and it only comes with the navigation system for

Journey’s End: Still the champ

2009 Honda Fit

Photo Aaron Gold

As you can I was pretty impressed with the new By far, the Fit’s ability to people and cargo is its best — but I also like the new look and its respect for high gas As a Honda owner (two and a CRX), I can tell you that reputation for quality and durability is deserved. And the Fit’s a good — once you start cheaper rivals like the Aveo5, Kia Spectra, and Hyundai to match the base-model Fit, the gap shrinks to just a few hundred

That said, automatic Fit models with navigation and ESC set you back almost $19,500, as as a nicely equipped Honda Demand for Fits is bound to be so don’t expect any smokin’

Bottom line: Just the original Fit, the new Fit is a perfect car for the — small outside, big and practical all around. And there’s way the new Fit is like the old Fit: You’ll it on my Best New Cars of 2009 — Aaron Gold

Honda Fit Electric Cars

articles

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy