2010 Honda Insight good value? hybrid cars Ask MetaFilter

17 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2010 Honda Insight good value? hybrid cars Ask MetaFilter отключены

Honda Insight Electric Cars

2010 Honda Insight good value?

How’s the and driveability of the 2010 Honda

I found a 2010 Honda with 43k miles for 15k at Carmax. I was with the dealership and my salesman, and liked the car on the test drive.

I’d really like to is if the Insight shares the Honda of long-term reliabilty and value. looking for a car to commute 40 miles a day but pass on to the kids in 5 years or so.

the deal with the battery? I it’s costly to replace. But does this need to

Thanks mefites.

I have I don’t care for it.

It gets fuel efficiency, has a great layout, and handles well in the snow. That about the goods. It has awful visibility removed all the headrests to reduce the to only half my field of the heat doesn’t get hot enough to the window on a really cold day and even in moderately cool the windows fogs at the drop of a hat will leave it set to the highest highest blower, front always — Even that will leave eyeballs feeling like crossed the Sahara — in the summer, when the AC turns off every time you stop in the tire pressure sensors nag you all winter long, no matter how you top off the tires; you cannot turn off the alarm (which wouldn’t if you don’t wear a seatbelt, you can just buckle it from but if you do usually wear one, scream at you every time you to reach out to get the mail or stop at a or the like); and a bit less easy to it just doesn’t feel for long trips, the miles really wear you out.

That said, I have had reliability issues with it, and so the entire line has held its very well over

As for the battery, you’ll get tons of stories on that. Basically don’t wear out completely the useful life of the car — You can it to still give 75% after a But the Insight doesn’t depend on its battery to work, you can use if just (albeit at 88 horsepower) as a normal

posted by pla at 11:43 AM on December 1,

My Insight is ancient, but the battery haven’t changed. Mine was for 100K. It died at 100k and replaced it for free. The price on the battery would have $3600.

Factor this your calculations.

On other issues, I keep records going back to I bought mine (it’s a Insight.) Cost has been a mile, based on an average of fuel of $2.50 / gallon the life. This is the approximate I have 139,000 miles.

use has been bad. Car itself is Honda. I have owned/leased 6. so much as run out of gas. Highest of any vehicle maker I know.

I I know. my unit is a 2000 YMMV. (Mine has been 50, over all the miles, BTW.)

be cautious of the long term of a hybrid, to be honest. If you’re it for 5 years and handing it down, means your kids be expecting the costs over a year servicing life. The currently cost $3,500 and no way they’ll last 10 years current technology.

Reports 170,000 miles at the most and heard 5-10 years (which really means 5-7 to my

Spending $3,500 on a 5 year old car you even consider mechanical (it still has an engine after is crazy, to my mind. They be cost effective to keep on the

Essentially you’re looking to a car, based on your use of it, that is cheaply serviceable a 12 year life span and I don’t think hybrids are at present. Hybrids are on a very development curve and being as the ones will continue to be better than the old ones I the 7-10 year resale of hybrids will tank.

I think you’re better off a more efficient standard IC car. I really don’t that Hybrids make any at this point in their cycle, especially if you’re not your car on a 3 year cycle. really aren’t good compared to a standard small car in my opinion when you consider the of interior space (because of the and the extra costs even from the battery cost over that life (never mind the expensive systems that are also unreliable over that of life span).

You can expect it to give 75% after a decade. But the doesn’t depend on its hybrid to work, you can use if just fine at 88 horsepower) as a normal gas-burner.

is a good point — still going to work the time involved (most but what’s the point of having a 10 old car that is lugging a massive battery around and 88hp to get fuel economy with? I still think you’re off with a small IC engined Hybrid’s are just not there

We have a 2010 and basically it. Zero reliability issues so far at 30,000 miles. The visibility the greatest, but you just have to where your blind are.

Where I live gas has frequently over $4 a gallon lately, so we the great mileage it gets.

2010 Insight owner nothing but good things to I commute 25 miles each way day in Atlanta traffic. I have had nothing go wrong with the car far.

The original Insight is now 13 old and the IMA battery systems still a very low failure rate story was from 2008, but I seen newer numbers).

I love driving this I go zip zip zip around the massive, unmaneuverable, and vehicles around me, while gas at 46 mpg (43 with A/C).

I have a Insight and love it. I drive a lot for (500+ miles per month, not my daily commute), and I find it to be comfortable and reliable. I’m not when the hybrid battery need to be replaced, although I did have to replace the regular which surprised my mechanic it’s still a young *shrug* It does have mileage (61K).

I was just at the dealership this morning my IMA light on my Civic Hybrid on at 114,000 miles.

What are you in? I’m in California and the California Air Board extended the warranty on systems for hybrids (which the is a part of) up to 10 years or 150,000 When I bought my Honda Hybrid new in 2004 the warranty on the was 8 years/80,000 and it still says on the Honda website.

Apparently NY, VT, ME, MA, RI, CT, NJ, OR, WA, ME, PA, NM, FL, CO have adopted the standards as California: http://www.hybridcars.com/forums/ima-battery-and-fix.html

my research on various hybrid sites, it seems that the car need to be originally registered and in one of these states, but it’s hard to get any concrete information. I the CARB yesterday to confirm it was still under warranty (I was the dealership to hope I wasn’t of the extended warranty based on I’ve read of other experiences.) However, the dealership it up on their own and they are ordering me a new next week.

I feel they drive like a tin can to the Prius. Also, I don’t how the hybrid system works the engine is always on except for you come to a stop. The engine up again is really rough.

by reddot at 6:43 AM on December 2,

It’s not uncommon at all to find serving as taxis in San Francisco have clocked 200k and miles. The one thing that to be watch out for is overheating of the battery, will shorten it’s In the Prius, there’s a vent the rear passenger’s shoulder can clogged with dog hair or and keep your battery getting the necessary air flow.

Keep that clean, the alleged lifetime transmission every once in a while (or needing a new transmission), and the things basically run forever.

The Insight is a bird. I’ve not heard of specific issues, but I didn’t that hard. I liked the I’ve driven via zipcar, but chose to buy a used Prius

My main objection was the Insight to be mainly engineered to be cheaper the Prius — and not only do you the cost cutting more you’d expect, if you haggle and around enough, ultimately the difference works out to be not much at

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy