2011 Honda CRZ EX RideLust Review

18 Мар 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2011 Honda CRZ EX RideLust Review отключены
Acura Electric Cars

2011 Honda CR-Z EX: Review

Thumbs Up: Classic styling and vibe; priced

Thumbs Down: It s not a replacement for the Si

Buy This Car If: You need a sporty, efficient commuter and miss the CR-X

Let me get this out in the open up I don’t like hybrids and I’m a fan of the original Honda CR-X. said, you’d expect me to the new Honda CR-Z, wouldn’t It is, after all a hybrid, relying on batter power and an internal engine to reach its peak rating of 122 horsepower.

Worse, it from the original CR-X’s which was to bring an affordable car exceptional handling to the masses.

Or was it? blurs our memories until we remember the good stuff, tossing a ’91 CR-X into a You forget the unpleasant parts, how slow the CR-X HF was to accelerate; it got great fuel mileage, but you kept an eye on the rearview mirror, for approaching semis or even sized sedans when you to pass another car. You how noisy they were, on long interstate drives, and you the fact that they modern safety features side impact door stability control and advanced

Yes, the CR-X was a good car for its maybe even a great car for its but it wouldn’t stack up against cars.

Enter the CR-Z, only fault is that it has extremely big shoes to fill. to the last CR-X DX sold in the the CR-Z is 1.3 seconds quicker to 60 per hour (10.1 seconds for a CR-X DX, versus 8.8 seconds for a CR-Z) and returns 34 MPG combined economy, 4 MPG better than the version. As for safety and comfort, light years ahead of its we barely had cell phones in let alone Bluetooth phone MP3 players, electronic brake distribution or electronic stability

Maybe that’s the real the new CR-Z isn’t a successor to the Si, but it is a suitable replacement for the CR-X DX.

you look at the exterior of the new CR-Z, impossible to miss the car’s Simply put, the CR-Z exactly like an updated of the CR-X, down to the funky trunk panel. Unlike redesigns, which have on a few pounds over the years, the still looks agile, and avoided the current trend of oversized wheels and fake

Like the original CR-X, I this will prove to be a that looks as good in 20 as it does today. Even if I hated the CR-Z, there’s that little voice my head that says, one and drop a Civic Si motor in just because it looks so

But here’s the twist: I didn’t the car, once I understood its If you want an über-efficient hybrid, elsewhere. If you want a car to autocross on the and strafe the occasional canyon, elsewhere.

If you want a fuel commuter car that’s relatively to drive, and if you only need two then the CR-Z may be just you’ve been looking

Climb inside, and there’s no this is a Honda. The cloth are well bolstered for spirited and the seat fabric breathes for year round comfort. The thing I could possibly the seats for is lack of lumbar which is only an issue on drives.

A lumbar pillow is a and inexpensive solution to that problem.

The three spoke wheel is similar to the one in the Civic Si, and is shaped and extremely comfortable. wheel controls cover the of the audio system, cruise Bluetooth phone interface and the commands for the nav system. On the left of the are three buttons, which the drive mode. Normal is the while Eco maximizes your economy at the expense of performance.

Sport is the ideal setting for driving, as it tightens up the steering and throttle response. Other on the dash left turn off the control or switch between MPH and helpful if you spend time or south of the border. On the right of the are the controls for the HVAC system, are intuitive and easy to operate; my EX came with automatic control, a luxury touch not seen at this price

The instruments are straight out of a science movie, complete with a blue glow. The main in the center of the instrument cluster, a backlit tachometer with a readout speedometer in the center of the This layout works as it allows you to monitor both speed and road speed

In Sport mode, the center of the is illuminated in red. In Normal or Eco the center glows green if driving to conserve fuel, but to blue if you’re not. To the of the main cluster is a battery meter, a Charge / Assist (which shows when the motor is in use or when the batteries are charged), a shift arrow and a display.

On the right is the fuel gauge, the economy display and the driver display. There’s a lot of information to be but adapting to the various displays no time at all.

Honda CR-V Hybrid

Look you, and you’ll notice the of rear seating, just the original CR-X. The CR-Z you relatively deep storage which are perfect for holding a backpack or a laptop. Fold the divider down, and the partition you covered storage bins for security.

Unfortunately, these lock, but they do keep out of sight.

Start the CR-Z’s 1.5 motor with the push of a and you’ll immediately notice how it is. My tester had Honda’s excellent six manual transmission, but the CR-Z is available with a CVT transmission. the manual, the CR-Z makes a 122 horsepower, which has to move pounds of technology-infused automobile. In mode, acceleration isn’t with zero to sixty in just under nine

Normal mode is noticeably and Eco mode is horrifyingly slow. In I’d recommend using Eco mode on the highway; should you use it in city and actually follow the shift recommendations, you’ll get plenty of glares from the drivers up behind you. I found mode ideal for city and opted for Normal or Eco on the highway to fuel economy.

I got a total of 38.4 MPG in mostly driving, which is better the EPA’s projection of 37 MPG highway.

In mode, the steering is nicely and feels just like the assist steering in the old CR-Xs. are a bit on the long side, and the feel quite as good as that of a Si; still, the transmission is quite a bit than what most of the offers, and I’d strongly encourage you to the manual over the CVT. are also used to replenish the but have the most natural of any regenerative braking system driven.

Once the road twisty, you’ll soon that the CR-Z is a sporty car and not a car. Tires are the weak and the car understeers when pushed than it wants to go. It’s to carry as much speed as into turns, since isn’t in the sports car league,

That said, the CR-Z is plenty of fun to drive, as long as you modest expectations.

My 2011 EX tester came with the navigation system, so it was as loaded as you can Despite this, it carried a sticker price of just including destination charge. more than $1,000 than a Civic Si with nav (on the side), and about $500 than an Insight with (on the more fuel efficient

Since no one else really a sporty hybrid, the CR-Z is top of its (very lonely) class.

To sum it all up, I liked the CR-Z more I thought I would. Tuners soon be improving the cars and handling, but Honda has no plans I’m aware of) to offer an Si version of the That’s a shame, because I a little more sport go a long way to increase the CR-Z’s

It’s a decent car saddled a big legacy, but if you drive it with expectations, I think you’ll be time, but it wouldn’t stack up today’s cars.

Interesting

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy