2011 Honda CRZ EX W/Navigation

26 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2011 Honda CRZ EX W/Navigation отключены
Honda CR-Z Electric Cars

2011 Honda CR-Z EX

When I first saw the Honda at the Detroit auto show, I was excited. The tiny little looks fantastic and is, in my view, the design to emerge from in years. But having finally the car, I am rather disappointed.

those arcade driving with plastic steering and four-speed shifters? Frankly, the steering wheel and gearbox as tactile and realistic as those devices. The electric power feels like it has a huge dragging the wheel back to while changing gear is like moving a joystick engaging cogs and synchronizers. The does accelerate quickly if you engage Sport mode and the engine out toward its redline, but the four revs slowly and horrible droning noises.

is not a recipe for a fun compact hatch.

At the Honda CR-Z is fuel-efficient. Eco mode numbs throttle to the point that even starts are difficult, and with the upshift light recommending at 2200 rpm, you won’t be anywhere fast. The trip reports that I averaged 31 mpg in city driving, so I suppose austerity measures had some

My real qualm with the is that it is compromised. It is neither an hybrid nor a fun compact. For only a bit more money, enthusiasts get into a Honda Civic Si, is genuinely fun, while could buy a Civic hybrid, is genuinely economical.

The CR-Z to fit into a weird no-man’s in between those two vehicles.

Holmes . Associate Web Editor

In the there was a little hot hatch was frugal and economical, attractive and and was called the CRX. I still get seeing a clean, stock CRX rolling down the road.

I do not get though, when I see the Japanese modern interpretation of the small the CR-Z, puttering along. I see a missed opportunity.

Honda had but good intentions making the The car was deliberately designed to represent a coming of CRX styling, with a low and split-level rear glass. And if had stopped at styling, saying that the CR-Z would like a modern CRX, would’ve succeeded. But they Positioning it as a sport hybrid that every little about CR-Z had to be drenched in

Gauges that change green to red when you drive a short-throw shifter with six and a sport-tuned suspension system all come together to create a car as as the CRX, no?

Far from it. Jake put it perfectly. The CR-Z is seriously It’s trying too hard to everyone when it should’ve built to appeal to the hot hatch only. It’s too bad.

car could’ve been one of my all-time

Christopher Nelson . Road Editor

Honda has had bad luck its recent crop of hybrids. The fell short of stealing a piece of the Toyota Prius pie despite an embarrassingly similar — and the CR-Z falls a no-man’s land inhabited by hybrid nor hot hatch. Sometimes kind of segment splitting is creates an all-new — and — market niche; not the case for the CR-Z.

Its performance falls short of priced (and larger, comfortable) competitors such as the GTI and Honda’s own Civic Si. To help the CR-Z with sportiness, has sacrificed hybrid economy as placing the little hatchback the bottom of the pack when it to gas-electric efficiency.

However, Honda did get right is the look of the It clearly harks back to its predecessor without being too The wedge-shaped body and gaping are attractive and show off the cars intentions.

Inside is an ergonomic with climate and powertrain perfectly placed in their pods on either side of the panel. Redundant control on the wheel mean that don’t often have to to the stereo head unit, is just beyond the climate

Honda CR-Z Electric Cars

Donny Nordlicht . Associate Web

The accept wisdom is to kvetch and about how the CR-Z isn’t the coming of the hallowed CRX, but me to take a different tack. isn’t so much a hot hatch but a comfortable commuter car that completely boring — and a rarity in this day and age.

The CR-Z’s tapered hatchback is somewhat funky (especially the that obscures rear but it is distinctive, and gives the car a sporty Call it odd, call it but don’t call it bland: the juxtaposed lines and tapered lend the car a boy-racer-of-the-future look, a continued within by the three-dimensional faces and chrome door

At 5’10 and 240 pounds, I’m not a person by any means, yet I’ve found it easy to get comfortable the wheel. The CR-Z offers of head-, shoulder-, and legroom for larger occupants, and the bucket are well bolstered and surprisingly As Donny notes, the control is top notch; drivers have need to reach far beyond the wheel to control both the and climate systems.

With 122 hp on tap, it’s hard to the CR-Z sporty, but it’s not to call it fun. Though the is numb and suspension a tad wallowy, the manual transmission is absolutely a In typical Honda fashion, are short, smooth, and surgically

The clutch is nicely weighted, but can prove a little tricky, when tied with the start/stop system.

Is this a Honda hot hatch? Perhaps But it does blend entertainment efficiency — and in an age where are more likely than to eschew the former in pursuit of the that’s a breath of fresh

Evan McCausland . Associate Web

Let’s get this out of the way right up — the Honda CR-Z is not a hot it’s more like a hatch. With a peak of 122 hp and only 128 lb-ft of torque, is not a vehicle that will get the flowing. However, the fact it has a six-speed manual transmission at least make it more to drive than other with their droning High-speed driving really the CR-Z’s thing, as you really to push it to merge with traffic, and it doesn’t really to cruise at extralegal speed The CR-Z is much more in its driving around town, you get a chance to use the manual transmission to its effect.

Unfortunately, the CR-Z is at the bottom of the pack when it comes to economy, and it also suffers compromised utility because of its body style and lack of capacity. Rear visibility is as you look out a postage-stamp-size rear that is bisected by a black And what’s with the rear wiper that is mounted on the rear glass?

Amy Skogstrom . Editor

Honda CR-Z Electric Cars

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy