2011 Honda CRZ Fox News

6 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2011 Honda CRZ Fox News отключены
HONDA CR-Z 1.5 i-VTEC Sport Manual 6-speed

2011 Honda CR-Z

On the 2011 Honda CR-Z t make the best case for The specifications sheet for the ostensibly hybrid indicating that it is particularly fast (with 122 hp how could it be?) or astonishingly efficient, its EPA rating of 34 mpg combined is not top of the charts.

On the road, things are a bit

As the spiritual successor to both the Honda CR-X of the 1980s and the Honda Insight the first sold in America and still the fuel economy champ at 53 MPG the CR-Z has some pretty albeit literally small, to fill. But since it is based in on the somewhat disappointing current of the Insight. it also comes to with rather low expectations.

It t.

The CR-Z is one of the sharpest-looking cars on the Its tidy hatchback shape is with bulging fenders and character lines aplenty. The is all-Honda.

The tires spaced at the far All-business.

Open the doors which are both relative to the car and in absolute and you re treated to the best iteration yet of the dashboard design found in Hondas today. The cluster of and buttons surrounding the steering looking much like the one in a 458 Italia really.

Also to that car, the Honda has two seats, at least on this of the Pacific. In Japan the CR-Z is selling like seaweed-flavored over there can be had with a 2+2 but for us the minuscule second row is replaced by a of cubbies. Personally, I think a parcel shelf would be functional, or even an otherwise bench seat to augment the cargo bay behind it, but the carpeted are good for bags and appear to be the place for a Chihuahua to sit.

was evidenced by the short dog hairs the bin on the passenger side of my tester it was delivered.

At least I hope were dog hairs.

Most for a hybrid is the odd thing poking out the center console: a stick for a manual transmission. The CR-Z is the hybrid in the world that has A continuously variable automatic that increases fuel to 37 mpg combined is also available, but s so original about that?

Power is provided by a 1.5-liter engine combined with a electric motor. It operates in the of a mild-hybrid, which means you won t be sneaking up on anyone in the parking The internal combustion engine spins as long as the car is moving.

you come to a stop, it usually too, firing up again as you the clutch to shift back first gear.

There are drive modes to choose Econ, Normal and Sport progressively increase the responsiveness of the and the resistance of the speed-sensitive power There s a marked difference the two extremes. Eco offers a muted that promotes better economy, while Sport a little kick to the equation.

your selection is an illuminated around the speedometer that from blue to green as you in what the car deems a more manner, but turns red and stays when you engage Sport, you devil.

Do so, and the CR-Z feels frisky and t leave you completely high and dry you merge into traffic. The is light, if a little jumpy to but the shifter is slick and all of those make the most of the power on

Handling is where the CR-Z shines. Steering is direct and the car in sharply, the little bugger an eerily neutral set around for such a short front-wheel-drive Indulge in a few laps of the first circle you encounter and you ll know what I mean.

Unfortunately the low-rolling resistance tires are just as quick to go off the handle if don t like what you re telling to do.

I kid because I love.

A suspension s on the soft side won t have you to the nearest autocross competition, but it make for a comfortable ride. the worst bumps will upset the car and/or its occupants.

Perhaps the nicest surprise is how it is for them in there. Compared to s other small car offerings, the sounds like it was insulated by Corning. If the engine is buzzy, you d know it. Even road is kept outside where it

It is such a far cry from the tin-canny that it makes you think the took the leftover doors and metal from that one and them up here.

That they may have used a too much of the latter on the upper of the CR-Z. The blind spots on sides will amaze, and frighten you, while the bar splits the hatchback glass lower and upper sections is so that vehicles more eight or nine car lengths are completely obscured. Potential who are employed in the field of espionage want to keep this in as they will be especially to picking up a tail.

And given the CR-Zs other you probably aren t likely to them by blending into or speeding away, but at least may be the first to pull over for a

Even if it s not on par with the Prius, the delivers the fuel economy the sticker promises, and then Over the course of a week, I had no keeping the mpgs in the high 30s the air conditioner fully utilized and the button largely untouched.

The and sensible cross shop for the CR-Z is the Fit parked next to it in the a fun-to-drive five-door that s has tons of passenger and cargo costs $4,700 less and gets 29 mpg combined, which you ll spend less than more a year at the pump in the CR-Z. But people who buy two-seaters t always sensible.

What are is willing to sacrifice a little in exchange for a lot of pizzazz. So it is actually the in price, similar in size, 32 ever-ubiquitous Mini Cooper should prove to be the most option for them.

At least on paper.

2011 CR-Z

Base Price:

Type: 2-passenger, front-wheel-drive hatchback

Powerplant: 1.5-liter cylinder engine w/permanent AC synchronous electric motor

122 hp, 128 lb-ft torque

Transmission: manual

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy