2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Frugal but flawed The Globe and Mail

27 Фев 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Frugal but flawed The Globe and Mail отключены
Honda Civic Hybrid (3rd gen)

2012 Honda Civic Frugal but flawed Add to.

First up: Ryan Gosling. He was assigned. Foreman

In pictures

The latest of the Civic Hybrid, which got a makeover for 2012, is almost as as the original Insight, rated at 4.4 highway. Although not quite as to operate, the Civic Hybrid is a more civilized automobile. It be confused with the new Insight, by the which has a completely different style and offers less

But where the original Insight was a two-seater and afflicted with an homely body style, the Hybrid seats five and is as on the eyes as a regular Civic It still utilizes the latest of Honda’s Integrated Motor (IMA) program, but now has a CVT only, is its undoing. The original Insight with a manual gearbox, a CVT was introduced in 2000.

It’s too bad Honda doesn’t a decent transmission with the Hybrid, because it could use I found the CVT – as ever – to be snatchy, and crude. Honda has pretty perfected hybrid drive and a decent transmission would hit the spot here.

The 2012 Hybrid features a 1.5-litre, gas engine, up slightly in size last year, married to an motor with a lithium-ion pack that, for 2012, is than before. Together, the motor and internal combustion deliver 110 horsepower, with 127 of torque. This is enough to the Civic Hybrid along at a clip, but don’t look for performance here.

Again, if the CVT was replaced by a proper this would be a much vehicle to drive, and, if I was in the for a hybrid compact sedan, the CVT be a deal-breaker for me.

That said, is still very much a – which is a good thing.

It has built-in drivability factor Honda does so well and has seats, intelligent ergonomics and of elbow room.

One note however; over-the-shoulder peripheral from the driver’s seat is When merging on to the highway on an for example, looking over left shoulder can be frustrating. The pillars, combined with the headrests, block your of sight, and no amount of craning neck fixes this.

You have to completely re-adjust the way you because your mirrors are no here either. It’s and potentially dangerous.

Otherwise, no gripes. The Civic Hybrid easy-to-understand graphics and you can keep of your ongoing fuel via the car’s “Eco Assist” This handy little lets you keep track of gas supply via a set of blue and green bars on either side of the If they’re green, your is at its optimum.

There is also a to miss “Econ” button recalibrates the transmission and some of the and puts the drivetrain’s emphasis on economy, rather than

Since the Civic Hybrid is no hot rod to with, the Econ mode the Civic Hybrid into one of the cars on the road – right up with the Toyota Prius c.

all the usual electronic modcons are For example, the centre display – what Honda calls – does all kinds of things, of which are pointless and distracting. You can up your own personalized wallpaper, through satellite radio, Bluetooth and use the “energy flow to strike an ongoing balance gas and electric power, and minimize emissions.

Honda describes as “the ultimate app.” I it as something that takes the attention away from he/she should be doing: the car. Also, in direct the monitor is hard to see. to the drawing board for this Honda.

Despite its shortcomings – the grabby terrible over-the-shoulder visibility and a centre monitor – the Civic is nonetheless a nice car to spend in. I’d take it over the Prius, for simply because it’s comfortable and has better handling.

It has a reasonably high standard level, with things heated front seats, control, one-touch-up/down windows, a stability system, traction and electronic brake distribution all My tester had the navi package, adds $1,300 to the price

Tech specs

2012 Civic Hybrid

Type: hybrid sedan

Base Price: $26,485; as $27,845

Engine: 1.5-litre with permanent magnet motor

Horsepower/torque: 110 hp/127

Transmission: CVT

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy