2012 Honda Civic Si (2 4liter iVTEC) Conceptcarz com | Electric Cars and Hybrid Vehicle - Green energy

2012 Honda Civic Si (2 4liter iVTEC) Conceptcarz com

25 Фев 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Honda Civic Si (2 4liter iVTEC) Conceptcarz com отключены
HONDA CR-Z 1.5 i-VTEC Sport Manual 6-speed

2012 Honda Civic Si pictures, specifications, and information

2012 Honda Civic Si Power and Features

Civic Si and Sedan models increase torque by 22 percent

The all-new Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si prioritize the performance potential of the platform wîth a 201–horsepower 4-cylinder engine, a sport-tuned and exclusive features for the enthusiast

‘The Civic Si represents the flagship of the Civic series,’ John Mendel, executive president of American Honda Co. Inc. ‘The broadened band of the 2012 model its appeal as a daily driver adding a new dimension of mid-range

More powerful than the engine in the previous generation Si, the new 2.4-liter engine produces 201 @ 7000 rpm and 170 lb-ft. torque @ rpm, an improvement of 4 horsepower and 31 of torque compared to the previous A sport-oriented six-speed manual sends power to a helical-type differential (LSD). The LSD helps the Si accelerate powerfully and confidently exiting corners as both can deliver more equal distribution to the road compared to a open-type differential.

Exclusive Si exterior features include alloy wheels wîth tires (summer tires on the coupe), a body-color deck lid wîth an LED center brake fog lights and a chrome exhaust Inside is an exclusive aluminum knob wîth leather, aluminum pedals and firmly perforated cloth sport wîth suede-like trim and red The §teering wheel is leather-trimmed red stitching. The new ‘intelligent’ Multi-Information (i-MID) on the Civic Si includes an Power Monitor (as one of its screens) can indicate the percentage of total generated by the engine.

In addition, a Sequential Rev-limit located on the upper instrument can show when the i-VTEC camshaft profile is engaged and when the engine redline is and reached.

2.4-liter i-VTEC Engine and 6-Speed Manual

The Civic Si engine is designed to spirited acceleration wîth low emissions and good fuel for a compact vehicle. The 2.4-liter 4-cylinder engine is constructed of aluminum and features a valvetrain that incorporates dual camshafts (DOHC) and four per cylinder (16 valves total). A version of Honda’s i-VTEC pairs Variable Valve and Lift Electronic Control wîth Variable Timing (VTC™). The Civic Si i-VTEC allows for the production of both torque and high-rpm horsepower, can be a distinct benefit compared to engine designs wîth valve timing.

A high-volume manifold and a high-flow, low-backpressure system elevates the sporty and aggressive sound of the Civic Si. balance shafts provide smoothness for a 4-cylinder engine.

to the previous generation, the 20-percent-larger displacement contributes to peak production at 7000 rpm instead of the engine’s 7800 rpm peak. The displacement also contributes to a 22-percent increase in peak now occurring at 4400 rpm, a 1700 rpm lower than the engine’s 6100 rpm. The is stronger and more immediate in a typical city driving

The EPA-estimated city/ highway/combined economy rating1 of 22/31/25 per gallon is 1 mpg higher in the city and 2 mpg on the highway compared to the 2011 The Civic Si engine also stringent Últra Low Emission (ÚLEV-2) tailpipe emissions ( posted on conceptcarz.com)

In keeping the performance enthusiast mission of the a 6-speed manual wîth a shifter is the only transmission Compact and lightweight, the transmission firm and direct shift The Civic Si also has a lightweight, clutch utilizing a pedal optimized for both low-effort and a broad, smooth engagement

Coupe and Sedan Body

Designed wîth a sleek rake, a sweeping roofline and a new of the previous model’s ‘one-motion’ the lines of the 2012 Civic suggest a sophisticated and athletic The Civic Coupe wîth its length and unique front and styling result in a more and dramatic styling demeanor. vehicles feature a low and wide that contributes to a distinctive presence, while thinner stretch further toward the of the vehicle than before to visibility and the perception of interior The C-pillars also stretch toward the rear of the vehicle to the previous generation to better the flowing one-motion appearance.

to the extensive 2012 Civic palette, the Civic Si Coupe and Si Sedan models add the availability of a new Orange Pearl paint that change in appearance on sunlight conditions, further the dramatic bodylines.

The 2012 Civic embraces tradition of making its vehicles fun to by continuing to use a fully independent design, a premium and exceptional in the entry compact §egmènt. The MacPherson strut and rear suspensions are tuned for sporty fun, yet provide refined comfort. Ride and handling are made possible by a 10-percent rigid unit-body structure from enhanced structural and increased use of high-strength steel (55 on the sedan compared to 50 percent on the model).

The Civic Si receives suspension tuning compared to the Sedan and Coupe. Front and spring rates are increased, damper settings are used and rear, and Civic Si models a 0.4-inch lower ride Front and rear stabilizer are larger, measuring 18 mm in the front and 15 mm in the The Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si have a 17.7:1 §teering identical to the other 2012 models.

The Civic Si has 4-wheel brakes with11.8-inch vented rotors (up from 10.3 on all other Civic models) and solid rear rotors.

For safety, a wide variety of equipment includes Honda’s Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ body structure for enhanced collision energy management and crash compatibility. ACE enhances collision energy management a network of load bearing in the front of the vehicle. Standard equipment includes VSA that wîth the new Motion Adaptive EPS dual-stage, multiple-threshold front front side airbags occupant position detection (OPDS); side curtain and a 4-channel anti-lock braking (ABS) wîth Electronic Distribution (EBD) and Brake

Driver-Oriented Interior wîth Technology Features

Exclusive Civic Si Coupe and Civic Si interior features include bolstered front sport and a special Civic Si interior scheme wîth red ambient lighting. The front seats lateral support wîth side bolsters compared to the models. As wîth other models, both of the Civic Si seats manually recline, and the seat features a manual adjustment control.

Both Si models likewise offer 60/40 split fold-down seatbacks, which allow configurations for passenger seating and storage. A rear-seat center wîth two beverage holders is on the Civic Si.

The two-tier instrument in the Civic Si exclusively has red-backlit The new Sequential Rev-limit Indicator is to the left of the speedometer display to the driver’s line of sight, and includes an i-VTEC indicator. The indicator illuminates when the system shifts from low to cam profiles, and the rev-limit indicator’s of six lights illuminate sequentially as speed rises. The first lights are orange, and the last two are

The engine is producing maximum when the second of the two red lights The second red light indicates the maximum rpm of the engine has been An additional feature within the is the Power Monitor screen, displays a graphic of the engine and its output as a percentage ranging 0 and 100 percent.

An instant fuel-mileage indicator lets drivers keep on fuel economy on a real-time

Both Civic Si models an AM/FM/CD Premium Audio wîth 360 watts total of and seven speakers, including a of front tweeters and an 8-inch located in the rear window The system includes WMA/MP3 reading capability, on-screen CD and information, §teering-wheel mounted controls, speed-sensitive volume (SVC), XM® Radio capability, an input jack, a ÚSB audio for compatible devices and Bluetooth® streaming. In addition, the standard HandsFreeLink® telephone interface is to work wîth compatible phones.

Mobile phone files can also be streamed

The available Honda Satellite-Linked System has a 6.5-inch display and 16 GB of memory in place of the DVD-based used in the previous generation. The new allows for simple, intuitive and provides more than 10 points of interest. The navigation can now overlay FM Traffic data on its a free public resource in participating major metropolitan for traffic congestion, incidents and zones.

The voice activation is of recognizing numbers, street and city names, and it can control the system.

Manufacturing and Warranty

More 95 percent of the Civics sold in the States are currently produced and in the Únited States and Canada. The Si Coupe and Civic Si Sedan are produced and assembled at the Honda of Manufacturing plant in Alliston, All 2012 Civics are covered by a new car limited warranty, a 5-year/60,000-mile limited warranty, and a 5-year/unlimited-mile limited warranty.

1. Preliminary EPA estimates determined by Honda. EPA mileage estimates not available at the of printing. Úse for comparison purposes Your actual mileage vary depending on how you drive and your vehicle.

2. Úsing and globally sourced parts.

— Honda

For more and related vehicles, click

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy