2012 Honda CRV EXL Navi Review notes Autoweek

5 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Honda CRV EXL Navi Review notes Autoweek отключены
Honda CR-V Hybrid

2012 Honda CR-V Navi: Review notes

for a NEW or used vehicle? Click to start your search.

WES RAYNAL: There’s a conversation on in the auto industry, at least writer types, about Honda has lost its way. The Odyssey is a hit, but the new Civic is a likely prompting much of the

Where’s this new 2012 CR-V fit in? It was actually a pleasant for me mostly. I’ll get to the mostly in a sec. I will say it’s a combination of ride, handling, and drivetrain smoothness.

In fact, the is simply delightful: Honda enough power, mated to a smooth automatic transmission. Of the utes on the market, this be the best powertrain.

I liked the and handling, too, as well as the which while electric natural. Body motions are and you don’t get beat up. It’s a and smooth-driving experience overall, for a small ute. Tire and noise are minimal, which is pleasant surprise.

There’s just no abruptness to the way it Detroit’s streets.

So why do I say mostly? the interior materials were a letdown to me in a $30,000 ute. you touch and see is shiny and brittle and and feels inexpensive.

The interior is roomy, the flat floor is and there’s a good amount of room, but it could use an upgrade

DIGITAL EDITOR ANDREW It appears as though proverbial Honda has found itself a nut which to redeem itself the recent 2012 Civic An evening in the new 2012 Honda Navi was all it took to realize I was in a competitive compact crossover impressive equipment levels for its $30,000 price.

I’ll break with Wes on the Considering the CR-V’s price and in life, Honda did a nice job the inside a tasteful, upscale in which to spend time. the dash plastics are hard, but the fit and are outstanding, and the strip of dark combined with a few brushed-metal-look offset the black leather for me without overdoing things. the leather-trimmed seats were supple, a far cry from the near-vinyl found on most full-line attempts at this price

The overall effect is subtle and a pleasant change from a that tends to err on the side of plain subtle.

No one will call driving a Honda exciting, and the 2012 model that tradition. It is, however, good at transporting passengers a minimum of fuss. Noise is at bay, the engine does it should without complaint and the is smooth and unobtrusive.

Really, considering the folks who the CR-V, the best compliment one can upon it is that a pleasant experience requires an absolute of thought or concern.

Using the and infotainment system is somewhat intuitive—I far prefer the company’s /Odyssey infotainment controls, use one large screen and a multifunction to the dual-screen, part-touch unit in the new Civic and CR-V. It feels a step back, it’s to see the icons on the small touch and the division of information doesn’t much sense, meaning the driver has to scan two screens to what they’re looking for of just one.

Honda needs to do something about the They close with a tinny sound that’s whenever one of the exterior handles is Considering how much thought obviously put into the interior points, I’m surprised the company allowed the four key of contact on the entire vehicle to so inexpensive.

I’m looking forward to seat time in the new Ford so I can see how the battle of the 2012 compact is going to shape up. At this though, Honda has a strong that’s going to keep a lot of customers happy while it the refinement stakes for Hyundai and Kia .

EDITOR BOB GRITZINGER: True to form, what sets CR-V apart from the CUV is attention to powertrain engineering. good poke from four, with steady as you wind up through the rev range. The and the transmission run as a refined precision grabbing downshifts to provide revs when the call for more power.

That I’d recommend not running in Eco (note the little green on the instrument panel) if you need any of responsiveness—the Eco setting noticeably power. Simply flip off the mode for most commuter and then punch it back on for the miles.

Honda CR-V Hybrid

I found the vehicle handsome inside and out, with functionality built in to the driver and the center stack. There’s manner of hookup for music in the center console. And I like the center stack provides the mix of touch screen and solid to control various functions.

Not too not too obtuse. Seat comfort is a strong point.

Because of the features, size, similar automatic and ride height, I myself mentally comparing the to the Subaru Outback. Both are mechanically functional and focused people and gear haulers. The was similarly equipped for comfort and but its powertrain upgrade to a flat-six put the at a $6,000 price differential this CR-V. A four-cylinder costs roughly the same, but you buy the six-speed manual you’ll be with a CVT.

You get slightly more cargo and a quieter cabin in the CR-V, but a ride, better handling and power from the Outback. are quite good. Tough

2012 Honda CR-V Navi

Base Price:

As-Tested Price: $30,605

2.4-liter I4; AWD, five-speed

Output: 185 hp @ 7,000 rpm, 163 @ 4,400 rpm

Curb Weight: lb

Fuel Economy (EPA/ AW ): mpg

Honda CR-V Hybrid
Honda CR-V Hybrid
Honda CR-V Hybrid

Interesting articles

Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy