2013 Honda CRZ Mugen Edition Honest Car Reviews Philippines

16 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2013 Honda CRZ Mugen Edition Honest Car Reviews Philippines отключены
HONDA CR-Z 1.5 i-VTEC Sport Manual 6-speed

The Answer

Text by Vince / Photos: Dean Ang

posted 08, 2013 10:30

Let’s it, Honda Philippines is still on a run. Their new models given them a much boost in sales after the of the past, but we still have misgivings about some of core models like the City and Civic.

Last Honda Philippines showcased a at PIMS: the CR-Z. The thought of popular sport hybrid making landfall in the Philippines had of us excited. Could this be the model that brings Philippines back to its more more exhilarating roots?

one way to find out.

When you think about it, the Honda actually has the lineage of the famed long discontinued) CR-X. that? The compact three-door that Honda sold (in markets) back in 80’s was such a favorite Well, the took over that in many ways that you almost call it retro.

Almost.

For one, it certainly like a natural evolution of the CR-X look, especially regards to the profile. Up front, the certainly has plenty of visual for such a small car, now that the guys over at have had their hands on it. the standard model, the Mugen gets extra LEDs on the lower grille, far sportier and a bodykit from none than -you guessed it-

Oh, and did you see the oh-so-loud-and-proud decals?

At least the inside I can’t really see (except for the one on the hood), but the interior is a nice place to be. Sitting in the seat, you really get a feeling this has to be one of the most driver-centric ever and that, in all honesty, is I really, really like.

Everything feels snug and cozy for a sport compact The steering wheel feels and I really love the feel of the shifter in the palm of my hand. The for the buttons are angled towards the making for far better ergonomics Honda’s other models.

To the of the wheel are the controls for the audio, and the usual suspects, while to the are the buttons to alter the three drive modes of the car (more on later). I like the seats, I’d have to lose 6 inches off my meager height of to be able to fit in the back. and maybe 70 pounds too.

Firing up engine, there’s an unusual partly because the CR-Z is a hybrid and only has a 1.5 liter Well, thanks to the tune up from Mugen (again) the muffler and air filter, the CR-Z a bit more than the standard 113 PS and 144 from the 1.5 liter DOHC Inline-4 i-VTEC engine, the electric motor’s 11 PS and 79 Newton probably remain untouched. The powertrain is completed with a manual transmission, and in typical fashion, front wheel

On full acceleration, well, it be disappointing to those who have used to CR-X’s outfitted B16 and B18 engines. after all, just pumping out a bit more a combined 124 PS. However, once moving, it’s quite and can easily overtake other given its light weight and Sport mode activated, the power boost from the electric motor.

Just to be I didn’t actually test the economy that thoroughly in mode, a drive mode generates maximum fuel by adjusting engine settings, A/C and other things. All the same, I getting around 13 kilometers per in the city easily, but that was in Sport mode (1 passenger, traffic). But ask yourself this: is the consumption of a CR-Z with the treatment really what you to read about?

So up the mountain we went, the place we typically test all the performance we get our hands on; it’s best to the road consistent when testing cars to showcase the in handling. Needless to say, the was tuned to impress on the corners, since the shocks and springs are from Mugen. It’s hard in the city in terms of but will deliver the performance you on mountain passes and racing

Again, you don’t have power at your disposal, so you have to maximize the revs on the something made easy by the throw 6-speed shifter Mugen. Braking has quite a feel, as this is still a car. The CR-Z Mugen is so to toss into a corner, and the of the pedals are perfect for heel-and-toe while the seats firmly you in place.

Do be a little careful about tossing the car around on a mountain as there does seem to be a of lift-off oversteer.

So here’s the part. The CR-Z, Mugen or isn’t actually on sale Honda Cars Philippines as it stands, for the CR-Z to be worthwhile to they would have to it well beyond what the would consider “reasonable”. the Alternative Fuel Vehicles Act is ratified, the CR-Z (and its brother, the Insight) will remain unavailable to local ( See update below )

Given my with this funky and fun sport hybrid, the CR-Z (in form) really is the answer so wanted from Honda for a very long time.

Please, hold the stickers.

Honda recently announced the CR-Z will be made to the market in several different and are now accepting reservations. The CR-Z’s tag starts at PhP 1,400,000 while CR-Z Mugen with the transmission retailing for PhP 1,860,000

articles

Other articles of the category "Honda":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy