2014 BMW i3 Range Extender No White CA CarpoolLane Sticker Here& s …

9 Июн 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 BMW i3 Range Extender No White CA CarpoolLane Sticker Here& s … отключены
BMW i3 � Electric Car 127kW with Range Extender Auto

2014 BMW i3 Range Extender: No CA Carpool-Lane Sticker, Here s Why

Gear Media Network

Incentives help drive the of plug-in electric cars, remain unfamiliar and expensive to first-time buyers.

But a recent article may have caused confusion over which will be granted to BMW s first car, the i3, when it goes on this spring.

Based on conversations with sources to BMW and at various regulatory agencies, we we ve sorted out the incentives for which the BMW i3 with and without its optional extender.

2014 BMW i3 (German-market version), Oct 2013

The 2014 BMW i3 will be the electric car that offers a combustion engine, which doubles the miles it can cover, as an

Without the engine, the BMW i3 is a conventional vehicle, or BEV, and it qualifies for as such. But add the engine, known as and things appear to get murkier.

arose because under law, the BMW i3 with REx is the first of a new of plug-in electric cars, as a BEVx.

A BEVx is a car that largely on its battery, and whose extender won t turn on until the is depleted (unlike all of the rest of the hybrids on the market).

Even when it does on, its total range on gasoline has to be than its range on battery must be rated by the EPA at 75 miles or

The confusion about incentives to have arisen because zero-emission vehicle regulations a BEVx to count toward a s ZEV gold credits—effectively, the number of vehicles it sells (even the i3 REx may produce tailpipe emissions in mode).

2014 BMW i3 (German-market Amsterdam, Oct 2013

Under all other regulations, the BEVx designation simply t matter. A regular BMW i3 is a fully-electric and a BMW i3 REx is deemed a plug-in hybrid for any incentive program.

That the range-extended i3 in the same category for s plug-in purchase rebate and its access as the California-spec Chevrolet Toyota Prius Plug-In and other cars that in but also have combustion

So, here s our list of BMW i3 incentives and

Note that some of have not yet been finalized by the regulatory authorities—although our interviews there won t be any changes to this

FEDERAL INCOME-TAX CREDIT for of plug-in car

BMW i3 BEV: Eligible can take a credit of up to $7,500 on Federal income taxes for the in which they purchased the car

BMW i3 Same

CALIFORNIA PURCHASE for purchase of plug-in car

BMW i3 BEV:

BMW i3 REx: $1,500

CARPOOL ACCESS STICKER

BMW i3 BEV: sticker for zero-emission vehicles, January 1, 2019, supply unlimited.

BMW i3 REx: Green sticker for hybrid vehicles, expires 1, 2019, supply limited to (of which roughly 28,700 had issued as of December 31)

The i3 s eligibility for incentives will be finalized the car goes on sale, as will its electric range, its energy in MPGe, and its gas mileage operating in mode.

The 2014 BMW i3 carries a price of $42,275 for the battery-electric and the REx range extender is a $3,850 Further information on trim and optional equipment will be closer to the on-sale date.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "RANGE ROVER":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy