2014 BMW i3 Review Full UK Buying Guide carwow co uk

19 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 BMW i3 Review Full UK Buying Guide carwow co uk отключены
BMW i3 � Electric Car 127kW with Range Extender Auto

Aggregated reviews, user videos, photos and stats

feel

Fun to drive

Surprising

Divisive styling

Expense

range-related concerns

The new breed of vehicles can be considered a mixed-bag for and ultimately only certain will be able to put up with range and charging limitations.

If to pick just one of the modern though, the BMW i3 is a pretty good — reviews are very indeed and many see the car as a turning in the fortunes of electric cars. Not because it’s one of the first EVs could be considered truly — and it’s all down to BMW badge on the nose.

Interior

The i3 has the kind of interior expect from its quirky exterior. Gone is a vast of dashboard or traditional centre In its place is an airy, open, space with clever use of and sustainable materials, minimalist and vivid touchscreens.

One tester it as lovely. extremely modern and and high quality. It’s a echoed in most other Criticisms are few and far between — say the seats, while comfy, a little support given the cornering abilities of the car; one or two remarked on slightly iffy quality in early prototypes though production cars have these issues.

certainly an interior in which to away the city stress.

Driving

It’s rear-wheel Hurrah! Unusual though the i3 is, to the rear wheels is one area in BMW’s tradition has remained.

The is resolutely different — the motor itself is also in the rear, while batteries sit the floor of the cabin.

Read-drive mean big smokey slides — it’s more a thing. Most reviews are on the i3’s handling even so, its tight turning circle as good as a London taxi), steering and nimble, lightweight

Outright grip is less — there’s nothing but when the tyres reach modest limits says one — while ride is quite firm and tends to frigid on anything but smooth surfaces. It does subtract a few from the i3’s city

Engines

The only engine find here is in the range-extended car a small twin-cylinder petrol running at constant rpm to keep the topped up.

Other than it’s all electric power. a bit of it too — 168 horsepower and 184 pounds-feet of delivered virtually from Acceleration verges onto hot territory, with a 7.2-second sprint (7.9 for the heavier and excellent traction.

Top speed is to 93 mph to preserve range — miles is a realistic estimate.

to strong regenerative braking feeding power back the battery when you lift off the — you can virtually drive the i3 one pedal. When you do, it’s as as cars come — (even the range-extender is muted), and relaxing.

Value for money

There’s no that a £30,680 base tag is quite a lot of dosh. Luckily, you can £5,000 from any i3 thanks to the plug-in car grant. It’s more than a Nissan but the Leaf is slower, nowhere as cool and not as fun to drive either.

cars start at £33,830, Combined economy is an essentially 470 mpg, but in reality it’s two you need to consider — electricity cost, and the 40-50 mpg or so get when the engine is on. The former cost very little.

Car tax, congestion charge and BIK are all free.

Worth noting

BMW around 80 percent of buyers to go for the car, but most of the critics say it isn’t worth it — electric car buyers quickly how little their daily cuts into range and accordingly.

BMW will also a convenience package that you hire a regular car from if you ever need to make a journey — further the need for the petrol-assisted version.

The styling is an acquired taste, the could be considered steep and the may still put some people off but overall, the i3 is a very compelling

It genuinely feels like a car the future and it has plenty of other too. If you’ve got the budget and it’d meet your it’s an easy car to recommend.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "RANGE ROVER":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy