2014 BMW i3 Up Close Photo Gallery KickingTires

9 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 BMW i3 Up Close Photo Gallery KickingTires отключены
BMW i3 � Electric Car 127kW with Range Extender Auto

2014 BMW i3 Up Close, Photo

I keep forgetting the BMW i3 is a real

It s not that my brain can t distinguish concept and production models, but I was for a loop when I learned electric car will be on sale in the in early 2014. After we ve been hearing about it for than two years now .

This hit home as I stared at the little in front of the practice range at the BMW Championship golf tournament in Forest, Ill. last

It was an opportunity for BMW to show off not only the i3 but the new 4 Series and redesigned X5 SUV.

The i3 was the in the group for many reasons, and I couldn t help but think BMW has an hit on its hands.

The i3 can be had as an all-electric vehicle a Nissan Leaf or owners can opt for one a two-cylinder range-extender generator to the Chevrolet Volt. Unlike the the i3 s two-cylinder engine never the wheels.

Whichever version you opt the i3 is an evolutionary step ahead of the Leaf and Volt at a digestible

We ve covered the basics of the car before, but the range will be between 80 and 100 with the range extender that to 160-180 miles.

But it is really how the i3 looks and feels distinguishes it from its green

Materials in this show car — a rougher version of what on sale to the public — were for a small BMW product. The use of environmentally products can t be ignored, from the look of the eucalyptus wood on the top of the to the somewhat cheaper sheen of the plant fiber on the doors.

there s the carbon fiber; it s in its somewhat raw state on the door with the fibrous weave for all to see.

BMW claims it is the first mainstream vehicle with a carbon structure. The lightweight material is but expensive to make. However, BMW is it at its own plant, which likely some money.

Because of the fiber structure, this car skips the B-pillars, which for rear-hinged rear doors for backseat access. Once there I was a bit surprised at how much there was with the front adjusted to fit me as a driver. The somewhat greenhouse allowed for significant too.

The cargo area isn t which is no surprise since the motor and optional range-extender reside underneath the cargo

To me, though, the selling point from the driver s seat. there you get a commanding view of s ahead of you — that generally won t be pro Ernie Els on the driving range as it was I tested it. The unique steering is well-executed, and there s a chunky selector that shouts I m not an ordinary car, yet it isn t dainty the Leaf s or Prius shifters.

are two large display screens and panels in a slick slope the dash; the sunroof has two separate one for the driver, one for the passenger.

The starting price is $41,350 a destination fee that should be to $940, but that s also a $7,500 federal tax credit and any tax credits. That means the i3 is more than a Leaf, now starts at $29,650, but closer to the s $34,995 sticker; both include destination charges. the success of Tesla s Model S and its $71,070 starting price — are sold at well over — a small premium for a unique like the i3 should not hinder its

The unique looks, bevy of friendly parts and even its production should make it a hit the green crowd.

Click on any for a larger version. Cars.com by Evan Sears.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "RANGE ROVER":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy