2015 BMW i3 Reinventing the Wheel Review The Car Guide

3 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2015 BMW i3 Reinventing the Wheel Review The Car Guide отключены

2015 BMW i3: Reinventing the Wheel

articles

Defend the modern and fawn over certain gas-powered vehicles if you will, but in heart you know that we to change the way we view the future of The hybrid car was a first step reducing our reliance on gas, the electric car represents the next big toward more economical, travel. I’ve never extremely green, but I think safe to say that a significant in direction is necessary.

Several have already made the to electric cars, and now it’s turn to throw its hat in the ring. year, it will introduce the in a new line of electric models: the BMW i3. And we among the chosen few to test it recently. As is the case with the “i” models will only be at select dealers and, of the ambiance and buying experience depend on the specifics of the vehicles.

Its price is $44,950.

Reinventing the wheel

2007 saw BMW its “i Project,” whose purpose was to rethink the car and everything it represents. design to daily use, aspect was called into The result is that the adaptation and stress associated with an electric vehicle (aspects scare off a lot of buyers) have reduced to a minimum.

Plus, BMW even help you buy and install the station.

Journalists love electric cars, because are far fewer details for us to concern our little minds with. We have to review two or three different drivetrains and various There’s just one motor and no whatsoever!

Specifically, the 2015 BMW i3 with a 125-kW electric that produces the equivalent of 170 You get maximum torque in every and it’s sent to the rear What’s more, the motor is in the in the trunk.

Its operating range is 130 to 160 kilometres, or 240 to 300 with the range

Vehicle weight has a direct on operating range and thus a major challenge for electric That’s why most current are compact or even sub-compact BMW has totally revamped the car’s eliminating every possible and the i3 tips the scales at less 1,200 kilograms.

How is that possible? First, the aluminum structure integrates the battery electric motor and other and suspension components. Second, the compartment is comprised entirely of fibre reinforced plastic The various body panels things out.

Lego has on this car!

Unusual

Style-wise, the i3 is major departure what we’re used to BMW – you’d almost think it was a car. Its irregular shape is especially on the vehicle’s sides. Not to the fact that the roof down after the front then flows up again in the The front is a bit more reminiscent of a BMW with the traditional kidney but this time the kidneys are

After all, there’s no to supply the motor with air in this car.

The 19-inch lend the i3 a certain style and but are fitted – strangely – with tires, thereby preserving without sacrificing efficiency friction-producing wide tires. of body colour, the i3 features designers call a black – an entirely black section up of the hood, roof and a good of the vehicle’s tail. That’s a element that you’ll on all i models.

Finally, in back, we the LED lights integrated into the

You’ll also notice the i3 only has two doors, plus two half-doors to help passengers the back seats. The lack of means there is less to carry, but getting in and out is more of a in parking lots, when you yourself trapped between the

The future on board

The passenger is nothing if not futuristic. The dashboard is low and unusually shaped, with hollows that not only unwanted weight but also the impression of increased space and vision. Two screens grab attention: the larger of the two is located in the of the dashboard and displays information the navigation and audio systems; the less technological, screen basic vehicle information.

though the design is totally than what we’re to, you quick get the hang of the interior and various vehicle controls. BMW has to keep it simple and functional. The i3 can four passengers, but there a lot of space for either passengers in or for cargo.

The ideal family it is not, but, then that’s not really its objective

On the road

The i3 drives a lot like a car but with the silent motor and power of an electric car. like driving a sub-compact thinks it’ a race car – and it passes vehicles with ease. The are as interesting as they are rarely

Simply release the accelerator and the car down quickly willing the accumulator into action to the batteries. You can practically drive it just one pedal.

As for performance, it from 0-100 km/hr in 7.2 Not exactly record-breaking, but the initial (3.7 seconds to get from km/h) is quite good. hard to find a more vehicle for city driving.

It from its smaller size, and its tight turning diameter you do U-turns on the narrowest of streets. you can turn on a dime.

If ever you a little more operating the car can be equipped with a range that, for $4,000, adds a 650 cm³ gas engine housed directly the electric motor. It increases range by supplying the batteries an electric current via a generator, a little more than 100 of range. Unlike that of the Volt, this extender is not to be used at all times.

So, is the BMW i3 for everyone? No. Operating range, needs and loading capacity are all to consider. Minivans have to worry about with car.

On the other hand, for it represents a wise choice the BMW experience as an added bonus.

to a friend Your Email Recipient’s Email Address Message Email me a copy of message

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "RANGE ROVER":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy