2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Review | Electric Cars and Hybrid Vehicle - Green energy

2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Review

23 Фев 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2006 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Review отключены
Toyota Highlander Electric Cars

2006 Toyota Highlander Review

THE AUTO PAGE

By HEILIG

SPECIFICATIONS

MODEL: Highlander

Hybrid ENGINE: DOHC V6 with Hybrid Drive

HORSEPOWER/TORQUE: 230 hp @ 5,600 lb.-ft. @ 4,400 rpm

TRANSMISSION: Variable Transmission

WHEELBASE: in.

LENGTH x WIDTH x HEIGHT: x 71.9 x 66.1 in.

TIRES:

CARGO: 80.6 cu. ft.

ECONOMY: 31 mpg mpg highway/21.6 mpg test

PRICE:

Over the course of the past few I’ve had the opportunity to put a lot of miles in all of the Toyota Highlander family. are, of course, the conventional with a 230 hp V6 engine and a five-speed transmission, and the Hybrid, with engine in combination with a 123 kw motor to produce a total of 268 hp. The had a Continuously Variable Transmission

We drove the standard Highlander more than 2,000 of primarily highway on long The Hybrid, on the other hand, we for around-town driving, where the of the hybrid technology is supposed to

We averaged 23.8 mpg in the conventional 21.6 in the hybrid.

I know people have said have been disappointed the fuel economy of hybrids. I always been one of the hybrid’s proponents, feeling this was the way to go in the So I, too, was shocked by the poor of the HH.

I think there is a flaw in thinking with its hybrids are derived from other as opposed to the Prius, which was a from the start. The Prius, by the gets more than 45 mpg in driving, according to a golfing of mine who owns one.

The flaw is that Toyota Lexus with the R400h) adds the electric motor to the gasoline engine. I feel before the electric motor is the manufacturers should REDUCE the of the gasoline engine. Ford the same thing with the Hybrid. The electric motor excellent low-speed acceleration, that motor develops its torque at low speeds. At higher when the gasoline motor over, it operates in its best

But at higher speeds, a large isn’t needed, so the manufacturer can get with a smaller engine.

over.

The Highlander is a heck of a As a sport ute it can traverse almost any of road. We tried it on wet roads, on over a few back-country trails, and of on highways. The standard Highlander is a bit — engine noise and noise.

We didn’t notice noise with the Hybrid we were traveling for the most at lower speeds. When we did get up in the mph range, though, it was still my that the Hybrid was quieter.

We packed a load of stuff in the of the Highlander. Both trips for a week, and included golf and luggage for two people, plus suitcases we were delivering to a and food for a week. As usual, we far too many clothes and the next we make this trek bring less.

Toyota a cargo area of 80.6 feet. This is with the seat folded flat. We noticed that after the seat flat, we had a lot of storage in the rear foot well, with the rear seat partially intruding.

We could tied additional cargo on top of the between the rails, but we chose not to.

We also had useful cubbies the car and power outlets to charge up phones and the like. I liked the area inside the center It was of a sufficient volume to hold a of small boxes we use to carry items like our EZ Pass,

Instrumentation is fairly standard, a speedometer, tachometer, fuel and temperature gauges. We had a check pressure light go on the minute we delivery. We checked the tires and them to the proper pressure, but the never went out. I in my wife’s car, there’s a that must be followed to this light.

We didn’t use it in the but we did keep a careful eye on our tire In the Hybrid, the left-side tachometer is by a power gauge. This kilowatt usage and recharging.

It the most practical gauge and a would be more useful, as I explain.

When you insert the key in the of the hybrid and turn it, as if to start it, a light appears in the power You hear nothing. If you wait a of seconds you can hear the engine in.

But if you just shift the transmission and off, the hybrid will as a normal car. When been going for a second or the engine starts working. A would be useful to tell you the engine’s working, or even on.

all the miles we drove, and with my and my aching backs, we expected to a few aches. They weren’t The Highlander’s seats were and we could have driven longer.

Rear seat was good, and rear seat was excellent for a smaller vehicle.

Now the The standard Highlander was priced at with $5,281 in options and a delivery, processing and handling The Hybrid was priced at $36,964, $1,969 in options and the same charge. The Hybrid carries a price tag.

There are rebates in some for buying a Hybrid, which may the price of the two vehicles closer in

To sum up, I loved the Highlander for its utility and power and practicality. I was disappointed in the because of its lower fuel but liked its silence.

© 2005 The Page Syndicate

Interesting

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy