2010 Toyota Prius V Best gas sipper of the year Car Review MarketWatch

11 Июн 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2010 Toyota Prius V Best gas sipper of the year Car Review MarketWatch отключены
Toyota Prius v Electric Cars

Hybrid + civilization = best gas of the year

/conga/graphic-features/road-test/2010/toyota-prius-v.html 63431

Md. (MarketWatch) — Rolling a deserted interstate very in the morning at a legal 65, it struck me how far the had come over the years

upscale into the V model and you are a way from the bare-bones models of the cosseted now in leather seats and by a first-class audio system. is a light bit of wind noise, the is hushed, the automatic AC system a comfortable 72 degrees and all of the key buttons are lighted and easy to find.

You pay no penalty for the 50 mpg that this Prius promises, and the term never came to mind.

There are 2010 Prius further down the scale cloth seats and fewer but the one that Toyota delivered to the driveway was a top-of-the-line V model. moves you up to very comfortable and leather seats, a marvelous JBL system with eight 17 inch wheels, and LED headlamps, other goodies.

The test car included a $4,500 advanced package. For that rather outlay, you get a pre-collision system and cruise control that you a big bus is up ahead and slowing down, in case you missed it.

Along a parking-assist program (not this car is that hard to there is also an easy-to-use system, a back-up camera, and Bluetooth wireless stuff.

With delivery, that the test Prius V price up $27,270 to $32,771. Frankly, I leave that package and leave the four grand in the

That would give you back from $30K and you still be able to brag the EPA-rated mileage of 48 on the highway and 51 town.

Combining in-city driving, parkway sailing at 50 mph and at 65, I rang up 44 miles per gallon. was using the third of three settings.

There is EV that just the electric motor to the car forward. That seemed to fine up to about 25 miles per But truth be told, it was difficult a tachometer to tell when the engine kicked in.

Button 2 engages the ECO mode reduces the air conditioning and really the power output. Your kid beat you in a drag race his 20-speed bike, and it was not great on a day to have the AC stifled like in All in the Family.

The power button what you have to work A 1.8-liter four that is for 98 horsepower combined with the motor gets you 134 ponies. It is to allow you to keep up with and cruise effortlessly on the interstates.

We had a few

Steering-wheel feedback was virtually zip and I believe that the speedometer and vital information should be in front of the driver, instead of a deep hood to the right and on top of the

Toyota Prius 2010

The little gear-change lever was but the pattern is unlike anything you may driven. Left and forward you reverse. Left and backward drive. Park is relegated to a on the console just ahead of the lever.

What’s the matter the system that we are all used to?

was ample head and legroom up and to the rear.

Beyond that, I the interior design of the new Prius, the swooping center console up and into the center of the dash. I thought the design was still much that of a Prius, but with the lone exception the overdone taillights that out like that last big zit you had on nose.

The bottom line for me was an extremely car that promises excellent mileage, is comfortable and quiet on trips, can handle itself on the and park easily in town, without the silly assist

It may not be a blast to drive, but that is not Prius owners are looking They are betting that gas are only going to go up in the future and is betting) they want luxury touches to go with the image that Prius lo those many years

It is by far the best gas sipper I have this year

Vehicles in this column are on loan the auto companies through distributors.

Ron Amadon is an auto and morning news anchor on the Radio Network, based in

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy