2010 Toyota Prius vs 2010 Honda Hybrid The Truth About Cars

2 Июн 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2010 Toyota Prius vs 2010 Honda Hybrid The Truth About Cars отключены
TOYOTA Prius Plug-In Hybrid – 1.8 VVT-i CVT

2010 Toyota Prius vs. Honda Hybrid

We recently the next gen Toyota Prius the forthcoming Chevrolet Volt. The was theoretical. predicated on the arrival of the in 2010 (and performing as Meanwhile, there’s no question the reality (and viability) of new hybrid sedan.

It’s set to hit the floor in April 2009, the same time as the new Prius. the Volt waits in the wings, the Honda gas electric rivalry be an epic showdown.

Honda has around trying to find the hybrid formula since when it introduced the gas electric The ultra-light two-seater scored a 70mpg on the [old] EPA highway but broke no sales records. The Accord hybrid was D.O.A.

The follow-up Civic hybrid reasonably well, but it’s a compared to segment-buster Prius.

It like Honda’s finally the right formula. Spy shots a distinctly familiar shape: a of Prius flattery, Honda’s Clarity and the relentless pursuit of Equally important, Richard exec Veep of American recently revealed that a Honda hybrid will at $18,500.

If true, it will its Toyota competitor by a healthy

Honda’s hybrid (“Hh”) is on the Fit platform, stretched a few inches. the Fit already offers excellent utilization, the Hh may give the Prius a run for the in terms of interior volume. But going on under the hood is intriguing.

For now, Honda is stuck its IMA (Integrated Motor Assist) technology. The system essentially electric-only drive, except for 26 every fifth Tuesday of the Further tweaks may increase slightly, but forget about sneaking-up on unsuspecting blind

Honda’s trump card is IMA production, bringing the hybrid of the system, batteries and all, to about $1500 (as compared to a drive-train). That makes the $18.5k price look a bit of a bargain, compared to a $14k What, a profitable hybrid out of the starting gate (I’m at you, Volt)?

As usual, achieves much with The technically-similar Civic hybrid’s EPA combined rating is only percent less than the Prius’ 46mpg. That close enough to overcome the Civic hybrid’s cloak of But I’m guessing the lighter/more Fit-based hybrid will a (current) Prius-like 46 mpg EPA combined

Meanwhile, the new Prius will be a flop if it’s combined doesn’t break the half-century

Let’s put those numbers in Incremental efficiency gains at sippy-cup levels become insignificant unless gas prices explode. At four-bucks a gallon, a Prius saves $119/year miles). Even at six dollars, the fuel savings would be all of

It would take 25 (or 17) years to the Prius’ higher price. have to be a committed Peak-Oiler to the Prius’ premium on fuel

So what will the latest have going for it above the Hh? It might still be a bit roomier, and a smoother ride. But if four and their luggage can be comfortably in the Honda, that may be good for many hybrid intenders.

The Prius’ presumed higher EPA might offer a smidgeon of bragging rights, but the Honda’s has “hybrid” written all over it, so who The Honda guarantees hyper-mileage and all at a lower price point.

the Honda hybrid lacks is any upgrade/expansion into the plug-in Its IMA system is not socket friendly. will offer a Li-ion Prius to fleets in 2010, and to the in 2011.

It would be a mistake to the importance of plug-ability for the serious For green halo seekers, going to know whether Prius is a plug-in or not, for the port and attending badges. An in fake plug-in ports badges) is as assured as the current for fake Buick Lucerne

Is there a winner in this duel? You bet: the consumer. plans to double Prius production to 480k, and Honda’s to sell 200k annually of its new entry, mean that prices will be mean.

prices of Priora historically tracked gas prices. If the current in oil prices lasts into year (my guess), expect to see the of hybrid incentives, bigger ever.

And then the real showdown begins, and history has a to repeat itself: GM’s Johnny-come-lately, technologically-ambitious, expensive/unprofitable, (one hopes) entry the segment arrives (a.k.a. It will take on the well-established, high-mileage competition from just like in the sixties, eighties, nineties, aughts

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy