2012 Toyota Prius c Hybrid GasolineElectric Cars

13 Июн 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Toyota Prius c Hybrid GasolineElectric Cars отключены
Toyota Prius c Electric Cars

2012 Toyota Prius c

Published February 24, 2012 | By Turpen

At the 2011 North International Auto Show, announced that the Prius would become a family of with the original becoming the and three more being the Prius v ( versatile ), the Prius Hybrid, and the Prius c ( city ).

The c is set to hit showrooms in a couple of weeks.  got hands-on with the compact hybrid and was impressed with it.

The Toyota Prius c begins some of the basic framework of the but with extensive modifications and the of the Prius line s signature Synergy Drive system.  The c gets 53mpg in the city and on the highway according to the EPA.  it in the real world, those will likely pan out for most

Conscientious green drivers can to get more.

The Prius c is targeted for the active and urban or suburban (often called Millenials ).  It this with sporty excellent green credentials,  lot of connectivity, and a low price point.

about the 2012 Prius c together to make it a fun drive.  Its low-centered framework and weight that it hugs the road and quickly with a tight radius and excellent handling.  The 1.5L engine is a lot peppier its size would indicate as

Electric-assist power steering and a engine make this

In the city, the Prius c handles well, getting high despite stop-and-go traffic.  On the it is not as economical (though still at 45mpg), but has enough get-up-and-go to up with traffic flow at speeds.

Inside, electronics are centered on the Entouch system at the center position.   The large touch-screen relatively easy use of the car s various and optional electronic additions.  In trim packages, a smart can easily be docked through the using the convenient USB plug, c app (for iOS, Android, and

This allows additional options by integrating the built-in system with Microsoft s Maps.  It also includes of music streaming and playing weather checks, and more.

The Prius c  comes in four packages, each designated by a of 1-4:

The base package includes windows and locks, automatic control, the basic Multi-Information Hill Start Assist Remote Keyless Entry, halogen headlamps, steering-wheel audio controls, 4-speaker system, Bluetooth hands-free phone controls, Bluetooth and USB outlets, rear window MSRP $18,950

Adds control, 6-way adjustable s seat, 60/40 split rear seat, engine tilt/telescopic steering wheel, audio system.  MSRP

Adds Display Audio Navigation and Entune, Touch Display upgrade, Smart Key on front doors and liftgate Push Button Star.  $21,635

SofTex upholstery, heated seats, 16 alloy wheels, fog MSRP $23,230

Prices do not $760 freight charge.  shown here are all from a c in trim package Four.

To out how the 2012 Prius c drives a hands-on test, read my on TorqueNews .  For information on mechanicals a home maintenance DIY perspective, my analysis on TorqueNews .

All photos taken by me during my trip to Del Ray Florida, where Toyota had me to a press event to learn and drive the new 2012 Prius c

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy