2012 Toyota Prius C

28 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Toyota Prius C отключены
Bentley Electric Cars

In typical around-town use, the Prius C is in its element

Incredible economy

Smallest way to go hybrid

expensive hybrid

by — 19, 2012

Toyota virtually the hybrid sector of the market. from Europe, Asia and America offer hybrids, but are fighting for a piece of the action.

Honda was the first to market a here, Toyota took the from the moment it introduced the more than a decade Since then it has sold million hybrids globally, than 26,000 of them in

Toyota and Lexus have on 10 different hybrid models a price range of more $100,000: Lexus — LS L, $123,000; GS 450h $64,000; RX $57,000; HS, $41,000; Lexus CT $31,000; Toyota — hybrid, $43,000; Camry $27,000; Prius V, $27,000; $26,000 and Prius C $21,000.

Toyota has this hybrid so nailed down it can create a out of pretty much any existing in its lineup. That list include V-8, V-6 and four-cylinder each paired with one or electric motors, all integrated the company’s Hybrid Synergy system.

The last on that list, the Prius C, is the smallest, expensive, latest to arrive and the of this review.

First hybrid

The third member of the family is loosely based on the and it has a different engine than the (It’s also different the Yaris Hybrid sold in

As the first sub-compact hybrid on the it was developed primarily for the urban The five-door hatchback is 485-mm 50-mm narrower and 246-kg than the now-traditional Prius.

smaller and lighter allowed it to use a and lighter powertrain. Instead of the 1.8-litre gasoline engine and electric motor used in the and heavier Prius and Prius V, the C a 73-horsepower 1.5-litre engine and a electric motor for a combined of 99-horsepower, compared to 134 for the Prius.

In case you think I failed — you can’t just add the and motor peak power as they produce peak at different speeds.

Transport says you can expect fuel numbers as low as 3.5 L/100 km in the city. I say luck with that.

It be possible on a fine, wind-free on a perfectly flat surface a very light foot and low speeds – which is exactly the in the laboratory where the numbers are But in the real world, with the need to keep up with and often less than conditions, not likely. I did manage 4.0 km – a the best yet in my experience!

Like its siblings, there are three modes selectable by a switch on the panel – Eco, Normal and EV.

Eco mode blunts throttle and minimizes air conditioning compressor You get the best fuel economy way – but at the price of performance. An already automobile becomes terribly

In EV mode, the car can be driven on electric only for short distances and at low

I didn’t bring a calendar me so was unable to measures acceleration in Eco In normal it takes more 11.5 seconds to get to highway from rest. Passing or long hills requires of road and patience.

You might want to turn up the audio to mask the incessant droning from the engine as the CVT (Continuously Transmission) keeps it buzzing at revs.

Not only is the Prius C – it is soft. You can forget about it in any slalom competitions.

Honda Civic Hybrid (3rd gen)

Performance is not the point

Enough of the about performance. This is a and an extremely good one. looking at this car typically give a hoot about or all-out acceleration.

It’s and bought because it is frugal, tech and mere ownership a concern about the environment. In use around town it is in its element.

The seats are roomy and supportive plenty of room for a couple of big Two more can fit in back if they are or prepared to become so.

Unfortunately the panel is centered, making it for the driver to take his or her eyes off the road than advisable.

A nickel-metal-hydride battery pack under the rear seat it shares space with the tank. The result, as is the case most hybrids, is reduced space. However, unlike the rear seat back can be down to increase that

The Prius C wears a Toyota so fit and finish and quality are impeccable. But the of visible painted metal and plastic surfaces is indicative of the to control costs.

By using of the Yaris pieces, Toyota was to keep the price in check the use of expensive drivetrain components and a pack.

The $21K base C comes with an automatic automatic climate control, windows and locks, tilt/telescope wheel, wireless connectivity, audio system, power mirrors, cruise control, keyless entry and a 9-cm color information screen so you can how much fuel you are using or saving. Nothing base that list.

The bottom as always, is the bottom line. At my tester is an expensive, albeit and frugal, sub-compact car. But green costs.

For $5,000 less you can get a similarly Yaris or any number of competitors. The C will cost about less per year to run according to fuel economy ratings and annual use so it will take 10 to recover that initial

The argument is, you will have far fewer harmful emissions that time. As well as your green creds.

Toyota Auris Electric Cars
Toyota Crown Electric Cars

articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy