2012 Toyota Prius Plugin Hybrid eBay Motors

12 Июн 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Toyota Prius Plugin Hybrid eBay Motors отключены
TOYOTA Prius Plug-In Hybrid

2012 Toyota Prius Hybrid

The Toyota Prius, the hybrid car, now comes in distinct flavors. There’s the liftback; the wagon-like Prius V; the Prius C; and since March, a version. It’s currently in only 15 states, but it goes next year.

Toyota to sell 15,000 a year.

A few ago, I drove a Toyota Plug-in Hybrid for a week. For of the week, when I was driving my carpool and doing local the dashboard display read between 99 and 250 MPGe. The “e” stands for because I was almost always on electricity, rather than measured in gallons.

On a longer trip, the car simply back to a 50-mpg Prius.

versatility explains why the Chevy also a plug-in hybrid, and the Prius were purchased by 20,000 car shoppers in 2012 August—while the pure electric Leaf sold only 4,000 units. In September, the had a record-breaking month, selling 3,000 units.

Auto executives, on hand at year’s Paris Motor (which runs through 14) have been paying attention to how plug-in hybrids are EVs. “There will be, for a time to come, no alternative to the combustion engine,” said Winterkorn, Volkswagen’s chief “The new powertrain taking as very promising is the best of and engine power: the plug-in

Didier Leroy, Toyota Europe CEO, agreed. are not yet willing to compromise on range,” he “And they don’t the time needed to re-charge the

Plug-in hybrids are like cars with training For the first stretch of driving—somewhere about 10 and 40 miles, depending on the plug-in hybrid runs or mostly on electricity from the But then, an onboard gas engine up to provide the same amount of as a conventional gas-powered car.

At the end of the day, consumers need So, the plug-in Priuses listed on [link]—in California, Arizona and reassuring. It’s a solid for consumer wanting to go green, having to give any thought to range.

The jury is still out on the long-term for pure electric cars, that never use a drop of But until then, plug-ins the Prius Plug-in Hybrid—as as the Chevy Volt, and Ford Energi—will help tens of of Americans reduce emissions, money at the pumps, and make a to petroleum-free driving.

For more about fuel efficient visit eBay s Green Center .

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy