2012 Toyota Prius PlugIn Quick Drive Report

14 Мар 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Toyota Prius PlugIn Quick Drive Report отключены
TOYOTA Prius Plug-In Hybrid – 1.8 VVT-i CVT

2012 Toyota Prius Quick Drive Report

In the of alternative fuel vehicles, something on sale to suit every taste.

Whether buying an all-electric vehicle or want a mild hybrid to a little on gas, there’s a lot of in between.

The 2012 Toyota Plug-In sits virtually in the of these choices, with electric cars and battery vehicles above, with hybrids and mild hybrids With the car now on sale in the U.K, we the opportunity to get behind the wheel more.

Behind that wheel, and before you even clamber the car, the Prius Plug-In is all familiar.

For many, this be a good thing—including Toyota. so many Prius models the streets, a car that drivers feel comfortable with is the platform from which to hybrid technology. It’s doing something right, so why things too much?

On the outside, means bodywork that’s to the regular Prius, with detail changes and an extra cap’ hiding the charge to give the game away. If you like the way the Prius looks you’ll like the Plug-In though some of the extra details—door handles, front trim—look a little out of place.

Inside, it’s pretty all standard Prius—a swooping, dashboard, comfortable seats, of space and a tiny drive protruding from the raised console.

Trunk space suffered despite the larger Compact Lithium-ion cells the usual nickel pack, and quotes a negligible reduction in thanks to the slightly raised floor.

2012 Toyota Prius Hybrid

On the move

It’s like a regular Prius to too. Starting the car results in little sound, as the car defaults to EV The main difference is that it as keen to leave EV mode as a Prius, and the sensation of accelerating reasonable zeal without the kicking in is a pleasant one.

The new ‘EV City’ mode this ability further, for city-going buyers who don’t to hold everyone up as they away from every light trying desperately to the car in EV mode. It does still limits—boot the gas pedal and the standard 1.8-liter engine will fire up to assist your it’s now possible to drive without the engine kicking in at

That includes driving up to speeds. Toyota quotes a of 51 mph in EV mode, around double of a standard Prius—though we’d not be if it could do more still, backing off the gas at higher speeds.

Performance is as you’d expect—in words, it’s no rocketship, but enough to make progress. quotes a 0-60mph time of 11 seconds, and you’d have to put up the CVT-induced drone on the way there. But in scenarios, the engine is either or quiet enough so as to barely at all.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy