2012 Toyota Prius V review

10 Июн 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Toyota Prius V review отключены
Toyota Prius v Electric Cars

A good idea gets better

There isn’t a lot of love for the Toyota Prius in my Most of my colleagues regard the as the anti-car, the polar opposite of we love about machines create motion and emotion the remains of long-dead dinosaurs. have a point; there much that is passionate the Prius.

But I’ll stop of dislike, because the Prius is a good idea — and the Prius V is an even better

First glance: What you see is you get

In the case of the Prius V, the picture 95% of the story: The V is a Prius with a back seat and a bigger and that about sums up my The Prius V gives you a lot more in trade for slightly lower consumption, but it still uses half as much fuel as an SUV the same carrying capacity.

The to the Prius V’s body in a weight gain of 230 lbs and a slightly coefficient of drag (0.29 to 0.25 for the regular Prius). The is unchanged — same 1.8 Atkinson-cycle engine, same battery pack, and the same output of 134 horsepower. Toyota that the Prius V’s weight slows the 0-60 run by 0.6 to 10.4.

Prius V’s dash radically from that of the Prius.

In the Driver’s Seat: of scenery

Inside, the Prius V a unique dashboard which is swoopy and more frumpy the regular Prius. The digital panel remains at the center, but the LED power meter is missing, as is the center console that the front seats of the regular I missed neither of them, but I was to find that the climate aren’t as intuitive as they are in Toyotas — you have to the control dial left or to switch between temperature, fan and settings.

But I did like the center console. its roomy storage box and big cupholder at the

Compared to the regular Prius, the back seat offers an more headroom and a couple more leg and shoulder room. The slides fore-and-aft and has an adjustable The trunk measures up at 34.3 feet, about 59% larger the regular Prius and as generous as small SUVs, while the roof and vertical hatch lid for easy loading. Scooting the seats forward opens up an 6 cubic feet of space, and the seatbacks yields 67.3 feet.

There’s a windowshade-style cover that can be stored the floor, a nice touch. But I was to learn that the proximity key — which allows you to the car by simply touching the door — doesn’t work on the lid, not unless you buy the most-expensive Us blue-collar Joes and Janes to dig the remote out of our pocket first.

Come on, Toyota — is a car designed for heavy hauling. you be so stingy?

On the Road: Same as it was

Prius V has 34.3 cubic of cargo space, as much as small SUVs.

Interesting

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy