2012 Toyota RAV4 EV drive review Autoweek | Electric Cars and Hybrid Vehicle - Green energy

2012 Toyota RAV4 EV drive review Autoweek

25 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Toyota RAV4 EV drive review Autoweek отключены
Toyota i-Road EVs Electric Cars

2012 Toyota RAV4 EV review

With a generous battery, the new RAV4 EV has a range rated at 100 miles.

Still, at 375 pounds more than the V6, the new EV handles well, and braking strong.

Shopping for a NEW or used Click here to start search.

The 2012 RAV4 EV is second-generation electric vehicle is based on its popular compact This time, development was in with assistance with which supplied engineering The result is a powerful-feeling vehicle excellent responses and a pretty sense of integration.

Toyota equipped this new EV normal and sport power (normal allows 218 lb-ft of sport a full 273 lb-ft). Top in normal mode is 85 mph, selection of the sport mode that to 100 mph. Battery is also available at two levels, 35 and 41.8 kilowatt-hours, the latter to full battery capacity but reducing the lifespan of the battery.

a generous 129-kilowatt battery, the new EV has a range conservatively rated at 100 Elaborate range-estimation algorithms and displays show how the range be extended by switching off the air conditioning, or it to one of its more economical settings are three: eco-low, eco-high and

In its bid to extend the RAV4’s range, made several aerodynamic to the car, including a new rear a flat underbody battery and various fairings, resulting in a coefficient of 0.3 flat. Necessary to any EV include electric power and an electric HVAC compressor, so the has them.

To complete the package, the exterior was decorated with blue eco insignia and studded high-efficiency lights. Inside the car are adjustable heated seats active headrests, an Optitron instrument cluster and a buttonless touch screen with Entune telematics package.

What is it like to drive?

on the drive was impressed by the car’s Response to the accelerator is emphatic and and the RAV4 EV has no problem seeing off in the next lane. The torquey motor pulls hard at any emitting an almost turbolike as it does, and you soon stop about the car as an electric vehicle.

you drive it exactly as you would a powerful car of any description.

Accompanying the powertrain is a refined chassis. The is poised and comfortable, with an occasional heaving motion on to remind you of the 845-pound lithium-ion pack under the floor. at just 375 pounds more the RAV4 V6, the new EV handles well, and feels strong.

The electric power steering reminds you that it isn’t a assist system, but it’s no than many internal-combustion-engine out there, and the car is surprisingly fun to drive. Its range allows an owner to in typical energy-conserving EV fashion in circumstances, optimizing braking and avoiding heavy applications of But you can also stand on the accelerator the occasion demands it.

Do I want

The only real downside to the EV is its relatively steep price. with about $10,000 of available federal and state it’ll run you nearly 40 grand to buy To that you should also add the of the Leviton charger, which is at $1,590, plus whatever wiring upgrades might be

Accordingly, Toyota’s sales is modest. The company expects to just 2,600 units in years, mainly in California but also in the other ZEV states.

Toyota RAV4 EV

Base $49,800 (less federal and incentives)

Drivetrain: AC induction 154-hp, 273-lb-ft, single-ratio

Curb Weight: 4,032 lb

0-60 MPH: 7.0 sec (mfr)

articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy