2012 Toyota Yaris review

15 мая 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2012 Toyota Yaris review отключены
Toyota Yaris Electric Cars

2012 Toyota Yaris

Toyota’s Yaris has long a favorite of mine because of its price and bulletproof reliability. Now the is all new, more substantial, and expensive — but is it still a car I recommend? Read on.

First Toyota, why have you forsaken me?

For the few years, the Yaris has been one of my cars — one that I recommended to my readers because it was simple, reliable, brimming character and loaded with I was probably the Yaris’ biggest

So I was rather upset when suddenly and without warning, an all-new Yaris for 2012. Did ask for my input? No.

Did they give me any advance that my beloved Yaris was to change? Nope. All I got was casual Hi, Aaron, this is Toyota. fine, kids are great, headed down the Caribbean for a rest and relaxation, maybe snorkeling.

Oh, by the way, we’re redesigning the Yaris. Best to the family. Love, Big T.

Not only did keep the redesign from me, duplicitous fiends did their to cover it up! When I first saw the new Yaris, I thought Toyota had given it a facelift — a nip-‘n’-tuck to the sheet metal to it look less cute and aggressive. But no, this is indeed an Yaris, although Toyota has the size and shape of the original, I would have heartily of if they had bothered to ask.

Notably absent at our press — to which, I noted dissatisfaction, Toyota had invited journalists and not just me — was the Toyota explained that retail buyers have a strong preference for the 3- and 5-door so they’ve dropped the four-door although they will to offer an unmodified sedan for sales (read: car-rental I actually found this interesting, but I did my best to feign

Two can play at this game,

Interior has a more conventional but a more radical design; simple A/C and stereo controls

In the Driver’s Seat: Completely

It was not until I sat behind the wheel I realized the true level of contempt for yours truly. I the old Yaris’ interior (link to photo), with its oddball gauge cluster, simple and stereo controls, and gloveboxes (it had three), even if the d cor was a bit bland. The new interior is more Scion Toyota, with multiple and textures, including the elephant-skin found in the pricier Toyotas the Venza and Sienna. The idea is to the appeal to 20-somethings — despite Toyota knowing well that I just forty. Oh well, at least retained the straightforward control

Interior dimensions are similar to the old too, although the cargo bay is larger, now up to a useful 15.3 feet.

The new Yaris comes in L, LE and SE Cheapest is the 3-door L, priced at which is nearly $1,000 than last year, but you now get a power door locks, and a nine airbags, including one for the knees and another in the front cushions that ensure posture in a crash. (We wouldn’t the paramedics to find us slouching!) But still have to crank the windows — power only come on the $16,385 LE which also includes a stereo, Bluetooth, a height-adjustable column, and an automatic transmission. year’s sporty Yaris S was an package, but this year it a stiffer suspension and tighter rear disc brakes, and wheels, and a price tag of $17,160 a manual transmission ($17,960 an automatic), which I find pricey for the once-humble Yaris.

And that’s a shame, because high-quality materials throughout of the cabin, there are some appalling examples of cost-cutting. The L comes with manual mirrors which you adjust by on the glass with your I haven’t seen thumbprint since my first car (a 1982 Reliant). And the seat tracks are by cheap fabric skirts to the side of the cushions. How cheesy can you

If you had asked me, Toyota, I would told you to just leave the exposed. But you didn’t ask me, did you?

On the More of the same

Cargo bay now in at a useful 15.3 cubic

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy