2013 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited review notes pricing specs photos Autoweek

7 Апр 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2013 Toyota Highlander Hybrid Limited review notes pricing specs photos Autoweek отключены
Toyota Highlander Electric Cars

2013 Toyota Highlander Limited review notes

The Toyota Highlander Hybrid is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 system mated to a continuously transmission.

The 2013 Toyota Hybrid Limited comes at a price of $47,215, with our reaching $49,722.

Shopping for a NEW or vehicle? Click here to your search.

DIGITAL ANDREW STOY: Our faithful don’t see it when these are published, but there’s a line at the top of the in which we write our daily summaries that says Reason why this vehicle is And in the case of the Toyota Highlander I’m completely at a loss.

I get too deep, let me unequivocally state I’m indifferent toward the gasoline Highlander. It’s the of crossovers, completely unexciting yet good at serving as daily for the kind of people who don’t care about cars. not something to which I aspire, I understand why a non-enthusiast would one.

Add Hybrid to the Highlander name, and goes to hell ironic, that Toyota is the undisputed vehicle sales leader, yet time I get into one of their models I’m amazed at how better everyone else is it (Lexus, whose ES 300h is my favorite hybrid sedans,

The Highlander Hybrid is simply to drive in any situation that steady-state freeway cruising. A steering wheel that, turned, moves the vehicle in a approximation of the direction you intend; nonlinear brake regeneration seems to react differently each pedal application; that’s either painfully or, if you mat the pedal, slow and accompanied by an shrieking at redline (in fact, it me of full throttle on a Honda scooter). Pointed straight I-75 at 70 mph it’s not bad, but the a lane change or burst of (ha!) is requested, the QE2 would a more responsive partner.

No car is not all bad, and the Highlander Hybrid has redeeming virtues; thing is, all thanks to the excellent overall Highlander design. The interior presents large, easy-to-locate for major features, an excellent position and a good sense of thanks in part to the light leather of our tester. But despite the trim, thin, hollow-sounding reek of cost-cutting; one would they were engineered for savings, but an almost 5,000-lb weight means Toyota have sprung for some foam.

Perhaps the biggest is the Highlander Hybrid’s price. $50,000 for this rig is truly an proposition. There are so many choices in the midsize crossover the Hyundai Santa Fe, Honda Nissan Pathfinder, Ford and Chevy Traverse, just to a few. Toyota’s own Highlander if you to drive a ‘Yota.

No, none of them get 28 mpg in the city, but fuel economy has to come a minimum level of driveability. The Hybrid doesn’t reach threshold.

ASSOCIATE EDITOR KOZAK: My dislike for this wasn’t as visceral as Andy’s, but I the 2013 Toyota Highlander Limited underwhelming — for the price.

Interior layout was but the faux wood could come out of Chrysler minivan 20 years ago. Aren’t we cheap crap like

Driving it wasn’t snooze-inducing, it’s hard to get in a snoozing when you’re pissed I like using regenerative on EVs and hybrids. They add a bit of fun to efficient planning stops becomes (though discretion is important if trying not to enrage other

But just because the Highlander has a aggressive regen brake doesn’t mean it can do without regular brakes for when you feel like pretending Captain Planet. The regular on this thing stink. not the most confidence inspiring on a squishy-feeling 4,762-lb SUV.

Toyota’s mysterious EV mode always driving too fast to it, or the battery is too depleted for it to kick on) and the that the V6 wails away even moderate acceleration me wonder what kind of conditions this machine was for and tested under. Certainly not driving conditions.

I assume the regular version of the is significantly better — or at better for the price — the hybrid version. The 28 mpg-all EPA economy ratings might this attractive when to the 22 combined of the regular version, but again we only observed mpg with our hybrid tester

If you’re itching to get into a for some reason waiting to see 2014 brings is advisable.

Toyota Highlander Hybrid

Base Price: $47,215

Price: $49,722

Drivetrain: V6 hybrid; AWD, continuously transmission

Output: 231 hp @ 5,800 rpm hp net system output), 215 lb-ft @ rpm

Curb Weight: 4,762 lb

Economy (EPA City/Highway/Combined): mpg

AW Observed Fuel Economy: mpg

Get more car news, reviews and every day: Sign up to the Autoweek Daily Drive right to your inbox.

articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy