2013 Toyota Prius V Three Model Review Spacious Hatchback Wagon

12 Июн 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2013 Toyota Prius V Three Model Review Spacious Hatchback Wagon отключены
Toyota Prius v Electric Cars

2013 Toyota Prius V Three Model Review Not Your Father s Hatchback Wagon

The Prius is an extremely successful and iconic hybrid vehicle known throughout the world. Toyota decided to improve this vehicle, in 2011, by offering it as a hatchback wagon and an what improvement it is. Recently, I got the opportunity to drive and review the 2013 Prius V 3 model.

From the front, it is hard to tell it is a longer wagon than the base model.

Toyota has offered the base hybrid since 1997 and has sold close to 4 million units at this writing. It has become the cultural icon of the green movement and really symbolizes a shift in the automotive world. When automakers were going for bigger and more horsepower, the small Prius was a sharp contrast.

Nowadays, the Prius doesn t stand out so much like a sore thumb, instead it is on the forefront of the movement to build more fuel efficient vehicles.

Officially, Toyota sells four different versions of the Prius: the base, Prius C, Prius V and Prius Plug-In Hybrid. The base and Prius plug-in are basically the same model with the later being a plug-in. The Prius C is the subcompact version of the Prius and the V is the larger hatchback wagon. Toyota also offers three different trim lines for the Prius V model which include two, three and five.

The basic differences are interior features like navigation and Entune systems. Our Prius V test car was in the middle of this range and came with the Hybrid Synergy Drive System, 1.8L DOHC 16V VVT-1 4-cylinder engine with power modes. It also included a driver smart key system (door unlocked when you approached), 6.1 touch-screen with backup camera, fabric trimmed seats with lumbar and push button start.

It had a retail MSRP of $29,189. For fuel economy, the Prius V is rated at 44 city and 40 highway or 42 combined.

Exterior

Initially when I was set to get the Prius, I recalled a small car that was pretty blah looking. Upon delivery, I got exactly what I had envisioned, a small car that was nondescript. However, as I drove it around, I noticed that it grew on me. While other hatchback and wagon models looked out of place in a parking lot, the lines on the Prius V didn t make that stand out. In fact, upon closer inspection, I really started to notice how well built and put together the vehicle is.

The exterior panels fit really well and the whole vehicle s styling really works well together. It is still a wagon, yet it just doesn t look like a wagon.

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy