2013 Toyota Yaris HybridR Concept & Auto Enthuse

22 Май 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2013 Toyota Yaris HybridR Concept & Auto Enthuse отключены
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid

2013 Toyota Yaris Hybrid-R Concept

You may be a bit put off by the name of this car, I mean how exciting can a Yaris Hybrid be? The indication as to how exciting this Yaris hybrid can be is the letter R. Toyota say that the Yaris Hybrid-R is a showcase of how hybrid technology can be used to achieve maximum performance and increased driving pleasure. That s all well and good, but I think they may have chosen the wrong car to showcase this on; maybe the 86 would have been a better choice?

I m not going to discount the Yaris completely at this stage, so let s keep on going and see what is so interesting about this little concept from Toyota.

Lets talk about power. The Yaris Hybrid-R runs off a 1.6 liter four cylinder engine (I have to admit, it still hasn t drawn me in yet) which is a highly tuned turbo engine and has been injected with high-performance engineering and advanced hybrid technology inspired by the company s Le Mans racing program . Now we re talking. This tiny 1.6 liter turbo engine produces a whopping 224kW (300bhp) and 420Nm of torque and sends this substantial amount of power to the front wheels. Along with the combustion engine are two electric motors driving the rear wheels (what s a hybrid without electric motors right?) which then bump up the 224kW of the petrol engine to a total output of 313kW (420hp).

Oh Toyota, you ve been holding back on us this whole time with your boring Corollas and Prius when realistically you could have turned these mundane grocery-getters into dynamic track cars!

TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid

At the press of a button on the steering wheel, the driver can change the car from road to track mode. When track mode is selected, full power goes to all four wheels with the electric motors reaching peak power for up to five seconds giving you a quick boost of power. Apparently there is a third electric motor located between the engine and the transmission that can operate as an advanced traction control system too!

The sporty theme doesn t stop at the technological level, but carries over to the exterior too. What s a sports car without the looks? New headlights, a wider front grille to make the car look more aggressive and black and blue accents that contrast with the white paintwork make for a sporty looking little Yaris.

Blue LED daytime running lights are also incorporated into the front bumper and the intakes aren t just for looks but do in fact contribute to cool the grooved and perforated brake disks. The lower lip of the front bumper along with the rear spoiler and rear diffuser all channel airflow to aid in grip.

Yes, all of this on your everyday Yaris sounds like this concept could possibly be one of the most exciting small hatches ever!

TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid
TOYOTA Yaris Hybrid

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy