2014 Toyota RAV4 AWD Limited Autonet ca

23 Фев 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 2014 Toyota RAV4 AWD Limited Autonet ca отключены
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

2014 Toyota RAV4 AWD Limited

Editor’s Ratings:

RAV4: the car we consider

In 1995, Toyota introduced a new model to North America: the RAV4. In the time since its debut, many Canadians seem to remember the vehicle with fondness, appreciating the old style and the option of a V6 engine.

The 2014 model is quite different as it had already undergone significant styling changes compared to the previous year, and there is now no V6 option . Still, it’s a Toyota, still benching on those same old school values, and therefore it’s something we continue to consider.

Remind me about those values?

Vehicles manufactured by this company have a reputation for dependability, reliability and customer satisfaction. These values can be found on the Toyota website, and they are the ones likely engraved in our memories. It’s among the reasons why many people tend to keep these cars in mind as an option when searching for something new.

RAV4 stands for Recreational Active Vehicle with 4-wheel drive. It’s a compact SUV, and I’m thinking Toyota fans will still appreciate the vehicle as a whole, while newbies will find it comfortable, easy to handle and spacious (it seats five).

Remember the RAV4’s bulkier style with the wheel attached to the rear of the car? Well, that look has been shed to make way for something slightly more feminine. The design is clean and simple with nice, sharp curves.

In a sense, it has “lightened-up,” since it also feels quite light when driving, and handling this SUV is as easy as pie.

On the inside, simplicity follows. The front and rear rows are spacious enough to be comfortable for long trips; there is room to move around in your seat without feeling glued to your neighbour, and the cargo offers place for bags/suitcases.

When it comes to those small compartments to put your coffee or your phone, iPod, and so on, I do wish they were within a more comfortable reaching distance from the driver’s seat.

As for the people that feel more secure with that “AWD” keyword, the RAV4 has it, along with traction control (keep your finger pressed on the button if you want to remove it), and a small sunroof to allow some light to enter the vehicle.

As an overall package, this is a vehicle I am happy to have during our cold, Canadian winter weather.

Some things to consider

Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

The 2014 Toyota RAV4 comes equipped with a 2.5L 4-cylinder engine. It’s not quite that V6 engine that some people have been reminiscing about this week, but it does the job. Mated to a 6-speed automatic transmission, the 4-cylinder generates 176-horsepower. There are several modes from which to choose from: ECO, Regular, and Sport.

The Sport mode offers a little fire, but otherwise it’s not exactly a car you’re going to race.

The AWD Limited trim starts at $32,860 and that’s without any option packages (standard and technology are set between $34,775-$36,910). It’s cheaper than competitors like the Honda CR-V and Ford Escape, though I was surprised to find that it’s a thirstier beast.

The combined fuel economy is set to 8.1 L/100km, with city driving at 9.1 via Toyota Canada’s website, but my stats show a surprising 11.8 L/100km over 290km. To be fair, the number will depend on many variables, such as how each person drives. Still, though 11.8 is an unexpected leap.

The faithful will surely enjoy the new RAV4, while newbies to the Toyota scene will find that it suits the needs of space and comfort for a 5-seater, with easy handling. And to some extent, it continues to represent some old school values of which the Toyota models have been known for.

2014 Toyota RAV4

Trim level: AWD Limited

Price as tested (before taxes): $32,860

Options on test vehicle: standard package (view website for details)

Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
Toyota RAV4 Hybrid

Interesting articles

Tagged as:

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy