30 Years of DTM RaceDepartment

31 Мар 2014 | Author: | Комментарии к записи 30 Years of DTM RaceDepartment отключены
TOYOTA Auris Touring Sports Hybrid

30 years of DTM

Zolder, Belgium: 70 northwest to Aachen, a new motor-racing era is off.

In the tradition rich Löwe’ event, the grid touring cars of different It’s the first race of the created ‘German Production Car DTM will emerge from two later.

We all were very when travelling to Zolder,” Volker Strycek who is going to third in the season opener, laying the foundation for an extremely season. “A big grid with names – and I was a part of it.” In the Strycek will be the first in the history of DTM – and due to his consistency, he will secured the title without celebrated a single race

The new race series followed the of the renowned ‘Deutsche Rennsport-Meisterschaft’, Motor Racing Championship, was contested with sports In the future DTM, the grid close-to-production Group A vehicles – and on different performance levels. handicap regulations with weights and tyre-width restrictions supposed to ensure that big and cars had the same chances of

“All those involved realised that the idea of the society worked rather says Strycek. “We quickly a situation similar to the one in today’s a competitive field, close many cars. The new series to be extremely fascinating and enormously right from the start.”

The first race in Zolder was by 24 cars. Over the course of the the grid grew to 40 cars and 16 vehicle types: and with the Romeo GTV6, the BMWs and 635 CSi, the Chevrolet Camaro, the Mustang, the Rover Vitesse and the 240 Turbo, a total of seven touring cars succeeded in race wins.

The season at Zolder still was dominated by the BMW 635 For a long time, Hans-Joachim the former Formula 1 driver and Le Mans winner, held the but with just two more to go, he lost a front wheel. Grohs benefited from the bad of today’s DMSB President and – followed by Udo Schneider – the win in the race ended with a BMW one-two-three-four.

While Strycek caught up in style to finish third.

“I had from the Renault 5 cup and both car and represented virgin soil for admits Strycek. “And in I had been turned around and I had lost many positions. To made it to the podium, nevertheless, was a feat, for me – and even more so as I this success while it out with motor racing I only had idolised, so far.”

Strycek was hooked by “This called motor racing”, away – and particularly by DTM. He was in the series for two decades in the most positions from driver project manager to Opel Director. “Every DTM era I was involved in new challenges, new fields of controversies and innovations,” says Strycek.” I am a DTM enthusiast. For me, it is the Formula 1 of touring-car Top-class motor sport on the possible level.”

The DTM history following the debut at comprises another 401 races, to and another 18 champions that Volker Strycek’s footsteps – record champion Bernd who won five titles up to reigning Mike Rockenfeller. And in its 30th-anniversary that will be kicked off on May at the Hockenheimring Baden-Württemberg, DTM still has got it takes to make for premieres: in the grid of the series will – for the first time in the 30 years of its – seven champions.

Reigning Mike Rockenfeller and his fellow drivers Mattias Ekström and Timo Scheider, the BMW drivers Tomczyk and the Canadian Bruno as well as the Britons Gary and Paul Di Resta (both will all compete this

Interesting articles

Other articles of the category "Toyota":

Twitter-news
Our partners
Follow us
Contact us
Our contacts

dima911@gmail.com

About this site

For all questions about advertising, please contact listed on the site.

Catalog ALL Electric Cars and hybrid/ News and Information about Electric Car and Electric Vehicle Technologies, batteries for vehicle catalog with specifications, pictures, ratings, reviews and discusssions about Electric and Hybrid cars - Green energy